Forum moved to new server

What's new on BlueMoment
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Forum moved to new server

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:23 am

After updating to the latest version of the forum software yesterday we began to experience spam posts for the first time in a long while. This was due to an error merging files, which left it impossible to switch on any of the more recent mods for stopping spam registrations. Tonight I decided that the easiest thing to do would be to move the forum to another server. The forum is now back on the BlueMoment domain at http://www.bluemoment.com/forum/index.php. Although there is a redirect in place from the old address please change any bookmarks.

Pretty much everything seems to be working, but I have noticed that one or two avatars have not transferred. If yours is one of them please accept my apologies and upload a replacement via your User Control Panel. If anythng else isn't working please post it here. The old site still exists as a fallback position in case there isa lurking can of worms. The server move was going to have to happen at some point anyway, as the next major software upgrade would not have been supported by the version of PHP on the old server, so this has saved a future trauma.

Apologies for any inconveniences, and in particular for two emails in three days . . .
- Nick 8)

bilbo
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Cutlass27

Re: Forum moved to new server

Postby bilbo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 am

Hello? Is anyone there...? Oh, hej, Nick.

".....If anything else isn't working please post it here."

Just a mention. Earlier, on Monday pm, I had email auto-notification of a post re. "Who gets up your nose most on YBW?" and - fule that eye yam - I pecked a reply, mentioning me mate and sparring-partner Martin V. And thought I'd posted it into that thread.

I had a peek this morning, Tuesday 0020ish, and there's nowt there.

Now, the content was far removed from being earth-shattering, insightful, or even interesting, and the world will keep turning without it..... but its disappearance MAY just hint at a glitch.

Wil Bailey

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Re: Forum moved to new server

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:24 pm

No record of any such post in the database, and your permissions are all OK . . . . could be a glitch on your system leading you to think you had posted it. Please try posting again in the members forum.
- Nick 8)

Return to “Site News”