Isle of Skye Yachts win Highlands and Islands Tourism Award

Press releases approved by the editorial team will be posted here. Submissions should be sent to Nick or Silkie.
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Isle of Skye Yachts win Highlands and Islands Tourism Award

Postby Nick » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Isle of Skye Yachts win Highlands and Islands Tourism Award :sailing

Owners of Tourism Business, large and small, mingled with some of the biggest names in the Highland Business World at a glittering tourism awards event at the Drumossie Hotel, Inverness on Friday 21st November. During this high profile event, Isle of Skye Yachts was given a special award for an outstanding contribution to Highland Tourism.

Based at Ardvasar, Isle of Skye Yachts offers yacht charter in Scotland, and the judges identified this business as outstanding in many ways, and worthy of a special award. They admired the way the owners had systematically developed every aspect of the business over a period of years on the basis of quality and customer satisfaction, and had showed an unerring dedicated focus on the detail of management, alongside a desire to deliver exceptional holidays for the customer.

The judges respected the deep, rural location of the operation, and how it valued and carefully utilised the natural environment. They felt there were lessons to be learnt from the way Isle of Skye Yachts had sought to extend the season, along with an innovative approach to business development.

Charmian Entwistle of Isle of Skye Yachts said: "We are delighted and honoured to receive such a prestigious award, and would like to thank our staff, customers and everyone else who has helped towards achieving this accolade."

END
25 November 2008
- Nick 8)

Daveanmucker
Master Mariner
Boat Type: victoria 30

Postby Daveanmucker » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:38 am

Every credit to them, I often spend a night on their moorings , maybe because he is a Lancashire lad from Bury. I have been impressed with his attention to detail and hard work, last year I was in Loch Nevis next to one of hi chartered yachts that had picked up a load of plastic round its prop, he was along in no time at all with his diving gear to clear the plastic.
We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

Mark
Old Salt

Re: Isle of Skye Yachts win Highlands and Islands Tourism Award

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Hired off them in the Spring of '08.

Superb firm and great location to pick up a boat from. Images here:

http://fattie.freehostia.com/Scotland_A ... index.html

Green Boat
Old Salt
Boat Type: Westerly Fulmar 32

Re: Isle of Skye Yachts win Highlands and Islands Tourism Award

Postby Green Boat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:45 pm

I've never chartered from them although I did several times from John Mannall who started the business. I bought a tankful of diesel from Mark a few years ago and he seemed like a very friendly and helpful guy. I hope they continue to prosper.

Return to “Press Releases”