Meet people for charters and arrange boating events online

Press releases approved by the editorial team will be posted here. Submissions should be sent to Nick or Silkie.
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Meet people for charters and arrange boating events online

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Yotlinx – The Online Sailing Club
Bringing people and boats together.

Yotlinx is a sailing club for all, novices and experienced sailors alike. In fact, Yotlinx works because of this very mix. It's about sailing and learning to sail. It's about planning the first time or the next time you can experience the feel of a yacht gently heeled, perfectly balanced, her sails pressed into well trimmed curves.

Sailing can really touch the soul ... and that's the point. Because it’s natural to want to share life's real pleasures and Yotlinx allows experienced sailors and novices alike to get together, to learn and to share sailing experiences through members' own events. www.yotlinx.net provides you with a meeting place to share your sailing ideas with members and friends, to meet new people, to find crew for your own boat, to find a boat that needs a crew or to make your charter plans come true.

Over the past 3 years, 100s of Yotlinx members have sailed together in a variety of adventures, whether on a sailing holiday in the sun, a regatta or just a weekend sail closer to home. Boat owners have supplemented their crews, and members have created their own events or joined those of others.

Yotlinx is the brainchild of David Morrish, who converted many years ago from windsurfing to yacht sailing. "Windsurfing was all very well in Borneo and Oman but on my return to Northern European waters, I felt being on the water was a better idea than being in it." His father introduced him to yachts and a couple corporate regattas later the conversion was complete. RYA theory and practical courses were followed by more cruising and he was soon drawn in to organizing regattas and other events.

"After 30 years in the oil industry, I decided I needed a change and some fresh sea air so decided to look at further promoting yacht sailing."

Yotlinx was born with the aim of doing just that and after 3 years of gaining experience the time is right to talk more to the sailing community about Yotlinx - The Online Sailing Club.

http://www.yotlinx.net

Contact David Morrish on 07843 439666
- Nick 8)

Return to “Press Releases”