Donate your boat today

Post your boaty wants here
gracecharity
Midshipman
Boat Type: Cris Craft

Donate your boat today

Postby gracecharity » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:55 pm

As the weather becomes increasingly warmer many boat owners chose to make the tough decision whether to keep investing in their boat or to give it up. This can become a moment of truth where the financial investments and the time investments often outweigh the fun times. A few of the positive reasons to donate are listed below.
The many reasons to donate a boat to charityboat.org
1. Being that we are an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) organization you will qualify for a tax donation that can be used for up to 5 years.
2. We are a reputable and well-known charitable organization who uses the generated funds to directly benefit our worthy causes.
3. Once your boat is donated you eliminate significant costs and responsibilities such as ownership fees, taxes, insurance, and maintenance.
4. All of the paperwork is handled for you by our professional team of volunteers.
5. We provide you with fast free pick up of most vehicles allowing you the stress of dropping them off.
6. We accept most not only boats but most vehicles - including cars, trucks, vans, trailers, RVs, SUVs, and motorcycles.
7. In this day and age you are reducing your carbon footprint by recycling your boat.
8. You eliminate any of the hassled of selling or trading in your boat.
9. Best of all it's stress free and easy.
To donate your boat, call us anytime at 1-888-888-7187, or use our online boat donation form found at charityboats.org

Shuggy
Old Salt
Boat Type: A new old boat

Re: Donate your boat today

Postby Shuggy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:07 pm

I know one shouldn't feed the trolls, but:

1. You give away your location by claiming that it's getting warmer. It bloody isn't.
2. If, hypothetically, it were getting warmer then why on earth would we be giving up boating? I've got finger splits from 6 days' application of epoxy in the freezing shed at MRC in January. I now want to sail. And do you know what? We've had two good weeks (and a few weekends) already this year.
3. My boat is 44 years old. Her carbon footprint from manufacture is now tiny compared to her 'running cost' carbon, so best to keep the old girl going than waste more of the earth's resources on making another one from frozen snot.
4. I'm not yet senile enough to fall for your generous gesture of recycling my car too - although as it's got 142,651 miles on the clock you might regret your offer.
5. Go and bother Claymore. He might have a spinnaker for you.
6. Eat your trousers.

With best wishes,
Shuggy
(Registered for section 654.4 q (pt vi) tax exemption, Argyll & Bute Cooncil)
---
Shuggy

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:11 am

Shuggy wrote:I know one shouldn't feed the trolls, but:

1. You give away your location by claiming that it's getting warmer. It bloody isn't.
2. If, hypothetically, it were getting warmer then why on earth would we be giving up boating? I've got finger splits from 6 days' application of epoxy in the freezing shed at MRC in January. I now want to sail. And do you know what? We've had two good weeks (and a few weekends) already this year.
3. My boat is 44 years old. Her carbon footprint from manufacture is now tiny compared to her 'running cost' carbon, so best to keep the old girl going than waste more of the earth's resources on making another one from frozen snot.
4. I'm not yet senile enough to fall for your generous gesture of recycling my car too - although as it's got 142,651 miles on the clock you might regret your offer.
5. Go and bother Claymore. He might have a spinnaker for you.
6. Eat your trousers.

With best wishes,
Shuggy
(Registered for section 654.4 q (pt vi) tax exemption, Argyll & Bute Cooncil)

Shuggipoos - it was all going so well. I found myself in absolute agreement with your ever word. A cigarette paper could not have passed between us, so closely were we aligned, then you brought up point 5.
For your information, only 10 weeks ago yesterday, the jolly GREY giant bowled us merrily and in trouble free fashion fae Mallaig tae Coll and then doon tae the Bull Hole.
Eat your words ye rapscallion and at 142K, change yer cambelt
Xxx
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:15 am

Are you really reducing your carbon footprint by selling - sorry - donating your boat, or simply moving it?
What a load of bollocks - there must be a gullible bunch of fekkers out there.
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Return to “Stuff Wanted”