A Job

Post your boaty wants here
BlowingOldBoots
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 41C

A Job

Postby BlowingOldBoots » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 am

My employer has canned the project and we are now rapidly demobilising. Looking for 28/28 rotation and tax avoidance perks. Available May - will work for food because I never learn.
BlowingOldBoots

What time does the 24hour garage close?
http://www.rivalowners.org.uk

wully
Old Salt
Boat Type: sailie boatie

Re: A Job

Postby wully » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:21 pm

What do you do?

I know someone who simply cannot get people for a north sea rotational position and I get about three emails a day asking me to submit a CV.

Happy days in drilling :santa:

BlowingOldBoots
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 41C

Postby BlowingOldBoots » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Drilling Superintendent. Thanks Wully I will be ok - there is more work than I can shake a shaky thing at. I had just signed on for another two years to take the project from exploration to development. However, the client decided that it was not economic and pulled the plug. We will finish the abandonment and de mobilise the rig. The rig was notified yesterday and has 2 other clients who want it already.

Yes, happy days indeed. :lol:
BlowingOldBoots

What time does the 24hour garage close?
http://www.rivalowners.org.uk

wully
Old Salt

Postby wully » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 pm

:mrgreen:

Now is a good time to be in the oil business, thank feck I never stuck in at school.....

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 pm

wully wrote:What do you do?

I know someone who simply cannot get people for a north sea rotational position and I get about three emails a day asking me to submit a CV.

What position? I could do with topping up my (non-existent) retirement fund.
- Nick 8)

wully
Old Salt

Postby wully » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Nick wrote:
wully wrote:What do you do?

What position? I could do with topping up my (non-existent) retirement fund.

Well test supervisor, with some TCP and frac supervision., and a night DSV. Oh, and some drilling engineers.

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:37 pm

wully wrote:Well test supervisor, with some TCP and frac supervision., and a night DSV. Oh, and some drilling engineers.

I find it amazing that the industry has completley failed to recruit younger people . . . it's nuts in Aberdeen, with (I have been told by a friend n the oil industry) 0.4 people looking for every job.
- Nick 8)

wully
Old Salt

Postby wully » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Nick wrote:
wully wrote:Well test supervisor, with some TCP and frac supervision., and a night DSV. Oh, and some drilling engineers.

I find it amazing that the industry has completley failed to recruit younger people . . . it's nuts in Aberdeen, with (I have been told by a friend n the oil industry) 0.4 people looking for every job.

Typical oil industry, they drop everyone like a hot rock at a hint of a downturn then greet and complain they can't get staff when it's busy. Companies won't give trainees beds offshore cos they are too busy catching up on maintenance that got binned during the low oil price times....then complain they can't get experienced personnel.
It's been said many times that if the oil business had to work like normal business, they'd be out of business.

Still, fark 'em, serves them right.

Return to “Stuff Wanted”