Post your boaty wants here
Old_Glow_In_The_Deep
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Newbridge Voyager

Yamaha 2A 2HP 2~ fuel valve.

Postby Old_Glow_In_The_Deep » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Yamaha 2A 2HP 2~

Hope you can help “Old George”?

I am writing on behalf of and old member of our sailing club who does not know his way around a computer and the net, to see if anyone has a fuel tap / valve for the afore mentioned. He said that he broke his….. how I have no idea because they are a simple device….. and I would guess impossible to break.

To date he has tried local marine suppliers & engineers with no success.

He is one of the most helpful members with regards to helping others even if it is with his own style of grumpy…. he goes out of his way even as far as towing another yacht from Largs back to Troon….. (not mine I hasten to add).

Any help in this matter / search would be most appreciated and even extend to an open drinks stowage 24/7… or at least when he’s on his boat.

Thanks in advance for any support / help in this matter.

OGITD.

Old_Glow_In_The_Deep
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Newbridge Voyager

Re: Yamaha 2A 2HP 2~ fuel valve.

Postby Old_Glow_In_The_Deep » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 am

I think a valve replacement with an aftermarket / similar part would be the only option… but I was asked to post a request.
OG.

Arghiro
Old Salt
Boat Type: Pentland Ketch

Re: Yamaha 2A 2HP 2~ fuel valve.

Postby Arghiro » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:55 pm

They are plastic & eventually harden & go brittle. I broke mine a few years back. The wait for a replacement was so long I had to buy a Seagull to tide me over. I did set up a motorbike "push-pull" up in a length of plastic fuel pipe but it wasn't that easy to use - and then the correct part finally arrived.

I wish him luck, but he should be able to go on a "back order" list, when they eventually get enough requests from around the world, they produce another batch.

You could try taking it to a decent local independant motorbike shop, they may cobble up something useable from odd bits lying around.

Return to “Stuff Wanted”