Back in Portugal

Forum for messages to Nick & Kathy when they are cruising (currently June-Aug 2010)

Would you start a voyage on Friday 13th?

Never
17%
Maybe if otherwise I would miss a weather window
No votes
Yes. so long as the forecast was reasonable
67%
Yes - I wouldnt even think about it
17%

Total votes: 6

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Back in Portugal

Postby Nick » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Arrived back in Nazare 8 o´clock last night, in time for a meal at the restaurant at the end of the universe followed by too much Jamiesons on Noble Warrior, which set off for Cascais this morning and looks to have had twenty-five knots behind her all day - the perfect day for heading South.

We were going to set off tomorrow morning early, as there is anoother front coming in over the weekend with more South-Westerlies trailing behind it . . . however, when I noticed the date on the marina bill we had a quick discussion and decided to leave it until Saturday. Rampant superstition I know, but see the poll attached.

So - off up the funicular for a scenic beer, potter about tomorrow then head South towards Cascais very early Saturday . . . looks like it will be a gentle motor-sail, a little breeze off the land and not much swell. Next week is looking a bit rubbish for heading out to Madeira though.

More later when we have actually done some sailing . . .
- Nick 8)

ash
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Moody 346

Re: Back in Portugal

Postby ash » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:31 pm

Glad to hear that you're both back on board Fairwinds. Never mind Friday the 13th, you're better to take the time to get your heads back into "boat - mode" before setting off on the high seas.

Looking forward to further blogs on your website. Been using Google Earth to track your movements.

Ash

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:25 pm

ash wrote: Been using Google Earth to track your movements.

Ash

Jings - Nicks movements on Google Earth - obviously testing the Portugese sewage stations if they are that big
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

ash
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Moody 346

Postby ash » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:42 pm

claymore wrote:Jings - Nicks movements on Google Earth

That's modern technology for you! Must be a pretty big telephoto lens. Nick's consumption of red wine does improve the visability of the items in question.

Ash

Return to “Talk to Nick and Kathy”