More best wishes

Forum for messages to Nick & Kathy when they are cruising (currently June-Aug 2010)
SteveM
Able Seaman

More best wishes

Postby SteveM » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:27 pm

Hiya, Nick and Kathy
Didn't get a call so I presume you took advantage of the good wind to make more southing rather than putting in to Craobh.
Good luck to you, from both of us! Fair winds and fine weather -all the best.
We'll keep in touch.
Cheers,
Steve

SteveM
Able Seaman

Postby SteveM » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:13 pm

Hiya folks - just been reading your log - glad to see things are going well. Hope the weather improves for you though...
I've just been down to Preston to pick up a motorbike we've bought on ebay. It'll come in handy whenever the Duke is broken down (which it usually is at present). (And in any case, one can never have too many motorbikes.)
All the best - good luck for Biscay!
Cheers
Steve and Ruth

SteveM
Able Seaman

Postby SteveM » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:33 pm

Hiya both - hope all is going well.
Nick, I've just been preparing some lessons for the class I'll be taking for 1-2 days per week throughout next year at Kilmichael Glassary (P4-7) and they'll be starting off with a project on seafaring - is it Ok if I tell them about your voyage and let them follow your log on your website? (Just when you thought you'd got right away from schools, too, eh!) If you feel that you are entitled to have a complete rest from anything to do with schools I'll of course understand - after all, it's a bit rich for some plonker to suggest that his class follows your travels when you're sailing across the Atlantic to escape from all that...
Still, they'd find it interesting...let me know!
All the best
Steve[/i]

Magna Carter
Master Mariner

Postby Magna Carter » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm

Steve,

Thats a really good idea.....

Wish i'd had a teacher at school with such interesting lesson plans!

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Hi Steve

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:26 pm

We did go to Craobh, but frankly were too knackered to see anyone . . . shell-shocked might describe it after the months of stress getting ready to go.

We have slowed down quite a lot here in Kilmore Quay . . . were planning to head for La Coruna tomorrow but the situation in S Biscay looks a bit fluid at the end of next week . . . so thinking of pulling in for a pit stop in the Scillies. Have fixed a few things, and basicly the boat is in fairly good shape and the crew are well-rested.

It will be a bit weird to think of a primary class following our progress or lack of it, but feel free to use us as lesson material - it will be interesting to see if they enjoy it, but with your teaching style I am sure they will.

Have fun both of you, get plenty of sailing in before the season ends.

Cheers,

Nick & Kathy
- Nick 8)

SteveM
Able Seaman

Postby SteveM » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:13 pm

Hiya both
Glad to hear you've arrived safely at the Scillies - sounds like the voyage is going very well! Hope you're having a lot of fun. Cheers for the permission to use Fairwinds' voyage as lesson material, Nick - I'll be going in to school on Monday and will chat with the Head then.
Hope you have great weather for the Biscay crossing.
All the best,
Steve and Ruth

p.s. Ruth bought us a day at Knockhill yesterday, on the "Legends" racing cars. They're 5/8 scale replicas of 1950s American hot rods with 1250cc Yamaha motorbike engines in them. They go like stink and stick to the road like s__t to a blanket - never had so much fun with my clothes on...everyone should drive them at least once before pegging out!
Cheers

EagerVega
Able Seaman

Postby EagerVega » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:43 pm

Hi Nick and Kathy,

Congrats on trip to Scillies, you made it in good time considering I could still see you bobbing around about an hour after I left you on Mon!
Looking at the long range for Biscay it looks good from Sat on, though still may be a bit unsettled around the Scillies.
The part for your Navik arrived at Kilmore on Monday. I will make sure Eugene gets it.
Enjoyed reading the log of your time at Kilmore Quay, I think I now need a holiday to get all the Guinness out of the system....
Best wishes to the two of you,

Nigel. Vega 3410. Eager Vega.

Return to “Talk to Nick and Kathy”