Best wishes

Forum for messages to Nick & Kathy when they are cruising (currently June-Aug 2010)
DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Etap 30

Best wishes

Postby DaveS » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:09 pm

I know I'm a day early, but, well...

All the best for the trip - you've put enough work into it to deserve a good time. Did you get your electrics sorted? I felt guilty that I wasn't able to give you a hand. Now, of course, when it's too late I've got much more time available!

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

2 days early . . .

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:52 pm

We are not actually leaving until Wednesday 2nd now - waiting for a couple of last minute things to arrive by post. Don't know how far we'll get on Wednesday, may even end up spending the night at Craobh . . . we would like to be in Kilmore Quay by next Monday or Tuesday at the latest though, girding our loins for the Biscay crossing and fixing anything that breaks on the way down the Irish Sea. Total sea trials to date since launch consist of a one mile motor up Seil Sound.

We didn't rewire the mast in the end - managed to get pipe insulation up as far as the crosstrees but no further, so I suspect we'll still have the clattering when rolling in a gentle swell at anchor - but maybe not . . . and I haven't managed to see if the masthead nav lights are working yet.

Keep in touch
- Nick 8)

Return to “Talk to Nick and Kathy”