Hello and thanks for a good read.

Forum for messages to Nick & Kathy when they are cruising (currently June-Aug 2010)
aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace

Hello and thanks for a good read.

Postby aquaplane » Wed May 23, 2007 10:20 am

Hi Nick n Kathy,

I’ve been having a wander around the forums and picking up the odd gem here and there, then I found this. I have been reading for the past week, only coffee times and “when I could prise the kids off the ‘puterâ€
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Brave? Moi?

Postby Nick » Thu May 24, 2007 10:06 am

I certainly wouldn't describe myself as brave. The 1st mate is a bit brave, but I have always been scared of scary things - and the ocean is a bit scary. We are currently cowering here in Madeira waiting for the GRIB files to all go green and blue before we set off . . . might be leaving on Sunday.

Truth is I am not even as brave as I hoped I was, and ocean sailing is a little scarier than I thought it would be, even with good weather info and decent comms. Everyone knows smaller older boats like ours can make trips like this - but I hope this will, at the end of the trip, also show is that you don't need to be rich, mad, a hero or take too many bravery pills to do it.

Anyway, welcome again to the forum - this is a very small community at the moment, but a good one - there are some excellent people on here, most of whom have actually met in the flesh at one time or another. We look forward to meeting up with you on or off the water at some point.

Hope you enjoy the blog when you get time to read it . . . looking back , there is a lot to read - of somewhat variable quality, I am afraid.
- Nick 8)

Return to “Talk to Nick and Kathy”