Page 1 of 1

Still here . . .

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:28 pm
by Nick
The wind is a steady F5 occ. 6 NNE and shows no sign of changing. As you get nearer Madeira it moderates a bit but compensates by going round to the N. We could do it if we had to but it would be a bit of an endurance test, so we are hanging on here in the hope that eventually something will change.

So - the blog is up to date but not particularly interesting apart from some idle speculation.

Maybe Tuesday . . .

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:37 pm
by Nick
If the current forecast is right we will be off on Tuesday on the start of the trip home . . . but it has looked good then changed many times before, so we will see.

Silkie, will you do the Google Earth thing while we are at sea again if I manage to email you position reports? I know it's not quite up to Mojomo standards but our last satellite had a launch failure in the secondary booster system . . .

Happy to oblige

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:47 pm
by Silkie
Whaddya mean not quite up to Mojomo standards? You just have to send hourly emails and no=one will notice the difference.

Looking good to go . . .

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:20 pm
by Nick
We should be away from here tomorrow morning. In stronger winds we wold hope to do it with only two nights at sea, but there is a lot of calm between here and Madeira so we will probably take it easy and try to arrive at Calheta on Friday.

Will try to send daily position reports as soon after midday as possible, but might send an intermediate one tomorrow night just to confirm we are on our way. Need to conserve laptop power though as the 12v charger is kaput . . . I will have to try to get one, or a small inverter, in Funchal I think.