Referendum

Forum for general cruising topics
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Referendum

Postby claymore » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:06 pm

Parahandy, the Muzz and I have coordinated our diaries and are planning a week on the boat from September 19th.
Referendum Questions

Will we call this a Late Chentleman's Cruise?
Will you be IN or OOT?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Gardenshed
Old Salt
Boat Type: Grand Soleil 39 & Hobie Tiger

Re: Referendum

Postby Gardenshed » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:54 am

So Remain with the currently annual plan
or
Leave and set up a Chentleman's cruise that is independent of the bureaucracy, dogma and structures of the current set up.

I predict that votes will be split (equally) between the Leave and Remain factions, split along complex lines based on hull length, location of mooring relative to location of residence and overlaid by complex algae-rythms related to bottom painting, anode fixing and when-you-think-your-boat-will-be-in-the-water next year

Guided democracy will be proposed by esteemed leader Nick-ola Sail-gen, who when he wants our opinion, will give it to us and any voting on-line will be adjusted accordingly.

The voting procedure which will allow a best of 3 poll, will give a 3-0 result but those that don't agree will then play the playground classic tactic of "next goals's the winner", asking for a final vote on the basis that we now who you are and we'll make 'yer life a misery until you agree with us.

Meanwhile a splinter group will form. The "Follow the Grey/green/Pink Spinnaker" camp will establish a new north atlantic alliance party, the fatal flaw being that far from following the aforesaid leader, they all overtake him so it becomes more of influencing from the rear....or yelling and screaming as he tries to keep up

Politics and political discussion on the cruise will be decided on the new dark-web blue moment forum but rules will be broken when spiritual enlightenment loosens tongues, i.e. once alcohol is taken.

So:
If enough Chentlemen (and ladies) of the forum want to get together then that's great.

happy days....
:sailing:

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:16 pm

I propose a dream team of Gardenshed as First Minister and Telo as Chancellor.
Regards
Claymore

Gardenshed
Old Salt
Boat Type: Grand Soleil 39 & Hobie Tiger

Postby Gardenshed » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:30 pm

On the basis that I have the same level of authority as given to the current leader of Thailand under section 44 of their interim constitution, I'd be happy to do so....

lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace 1000

Postby lady_stormrider » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:21 pm

Can I be the new Shadow Transport Secretary - keeping the red rag flying here?
Became a full-time sailor at the end of May

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:30 am

There would need to be a fairly intrusive interview but I'm sure you would come through with your red rags flying - what a bullish aproach.....
Regards
Claymore

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Seastream 34

Postby DaveS » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:20 pm

Unfortunately I have a meeting in London on the 20th, so I suspect if I tried to join you I'd be trying to play catch up from 2 or more days behind...

lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace 1000

Postby lady_stormrider » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:37 pm

claymore wrote:There would need to be a fairly intrusive interview but I'm sure you would come through with your red rags flying - what a bullish aproach.....

Now that I am now trained and validated as Competent Crew black belt 2nd (Falkirk) Dan with a boathook I doubt it.
Became a full-time sailor at the end of May

Return to “Shooting the breeze”