Ceilidh Cruise

Forum for general cruising topics
Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Ceilidh Cruise

Postby Telo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:40 am

Friday coming, Lochaline Social Club
Saturday, Tobermory, venue TBA (coinciding with Mull Music Festival)
Sunday, Creagan Inn, Loch Creran.

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Seastream 34

Re: Ceilidh Cruise

Postby DaveS » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:44 pm

It's looking like I'll now only be able to make the Friday night. I have to catch a plane on Monday and, with Cuan closing about 1545, I couldn't be confident of making it back from Tob on Sunday without a real C of D start - which, being realistic, after a session isn't going to happen.

I was always going to miss the Sunday night, so I went to Creagan last Friday as consolation. Good food & drink, free VBs for diners, but the mooring chain on mine was very rusty. There's room to anchor, but I don't think Creggan is listed on the "approved anchorages" sign at the mouth of Loch Creran. I can't be sure of the wording because with the tide under me I passed it too quickly to read it properly! Does anyone know the legal basis for the anchoring restrictions in Loch Creran?

Telo
Admiral of the Red

Postby Telo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Telo
Admiral of the Red

Postby Telo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:28 pm

We gave the Creagan Inn a miss owing to the weather, so two nights playing at the MacDonald Hotel in Tobermory. Mull Music Festival so town very busy. DaveS was with us on Friday night in Loch Aline.

Now motoring up Linn of Morvern after tacking down the Sound of Mull against a F6/7 with added rain and sleet. Fresh snow on the hills down to about a couple of hundred feet. Some nasty squally gusts earlier but now flat calm.

Gardenshed
Old Salt
Boat Type: Grand Soleil 39 & Hobie Tiger

Postby Gardenshed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:37 pm

"Now motoring up Linn of Morvern after tacking down the Sound of Mull against a F6/7 with added rain and sleet. Fresh snow on the hills down to about a couple of hundred feet. Some nasty squally gusts earlier but now flat calm"

Aye, that'll be summer then....

pagoda
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Jeanneau 42iPerformance

Postby pagoda » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:43 pm

That nice Scottish Summer weather got over here too...

Sailed from Skudneshavn down past all the rocks around Kvitsoy past Stavanger back to Sandnes yesterday. Some sunshine but a stiff 20Kt NW wind with evil snow laden squalls in among it. Togged up with maximum foulies but still got chilled to the bone. More snow at low levels today, but not really lying. Horrible stuff for nearly May!

Return to “Shooting the breeze”