Anyone out?

Forum for general cruising topics
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Re: Anyone out?

Postby marisca » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:35 pm

It's the successor to Mara - the Doc now has a Starlight 35 "La Mouette". Round the Mull is the plan with 9-holes on Gigha if the weather's fine. I am awaiting instructions.

SteveN
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Minster 37

Postby SteveN » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:58 pm

marisca wrote:It's the successor to Mara - the Doc now has a Starlight 35 "La Mouette". Round the Mull is the plan with 9-holes on Gigha if the weather's fine. I am awaiting instructions.

Now you really would think that a boat name like 'La Mouette' might be unique wouldn't you?
Uh ho..

Arghiro
Old Salt
Boat Type: Pentland Ketch

Postby Arghiro » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Big tides next week & Sea Rush is on a new quayside berth so I will be babysitting her thro at least one tide & may go for a little potter later.

I am also considering having a look at setting up a couple of oak pads on the transom for davits. I've had them for a few years now, but hate drilling holes in my boat. Anyway I fitted mid-ship cleats in the summer & they have been a great success, so I may get my courage up to drill some more holes. Maybe then I'll get round to fitting the new ST winches. Who knows where it will all end.

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:42 pm

SteveN wrote:
marisca wrote:It's the successor to Mara - the Doc now has a Starlight 35 "La Mouette". Round the Mull is the plan with 9-holes on Gigha if the weather's fine. I am awaiting instructions.

Now you really would think that a boat name like 'La Mouette' might be unique wouldn't you?
Uh ho..

I may be wrong but wasn't La Mouette the name of the frenchman's (pirate) ship in Frenchmans Creek?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Return to “Shooting the breeze”