Hello

Forum for general cruising topics
mac
Midshipman
Boat Type: Oceanis 31

Hello

Postby mac » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:11 am

Hello everyone,

I have been gathering information from this great site for many years and have finally managed to register. I have just returned from our 2 week holiday and recognised a few boat names. I met silkie a few years back in tobermory and just missed you a couple of weeks back. You used my laptop to get a weather forecast. I used to own a Hurley 22 and a 30/90.

I also passed humming bird on his way to Ireland i think he mentioned something about contriband dumplings...posting.php?mode=post&f=1#

We are based in Ardrosssan and headed north through the Crinan canal then Croabh, tobermory, Mallaig. We hid in Mallaig for a few days from the winds before heading south back to Tobermory, Kerrera, Craighouse, Port Ellen, Campeltown then home. This is the furthest north and west we have ever been..

Anyway though i would just say hello before heading of to Rothesay in the morning.

AL

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Re: Hello

Postby Telo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:15 am

Hi Mac

I suspect that our paths may have crossed while you were out. Not been great weather but trust you enjoyed it nonetheless. I suspect that our four nights sheltering in Carbost were about the same time you were in Mallaig. Perhaps we'll see you out west again.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:04 pm

mac wrote:I met silkie a few years back in tobermory and just missed you a couple of weeks back. You used my laptop to get a weather forecast.

Ah yes, I remember it well. Well I remember it anyway! Thanks for the forecast - I'm sure it came in handy - and welcome aboard the forum.
different colours made of tears

Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm

mac wrote:Hello everyone,

I have been gathering information from this great site for many years and have finally managed to register. I have just returned from our 2 week holiday and recognised a few boat names. I met silkie a few years back in tobermory and just missed you a couple of weeks back. You used my laptop to get a weather forecast. I used to own a Hurley 22 and a 30/90.

I also passed humming bird on his way to Ireland i think he mentioned something about contriband dumplings...posting.php?mode=post&f=1#

We are based in Ardrosssan and headed north through the Crinan canal then Croabh, tobermory, Mallaig. We hid in Mallaig for a few days from the winds before heading south back to Tobermory, Kerrera, Craighouse, Port Ellen, Campeltown then home. This is the furthest north and west we have ever been..

Anyway though i would just say hello before heading of to Rothesay in the morning.

AL

Al where did we pass each other and what is your boat/name?
Did you overhear a vhf conversation?
Dont know anything bout contraban but there was a coupering episode which involved NP222 somewhere north of Ailsa Craig, carried our with surgical precision! :wink:
C_W, (Hummingbird).

mac
Midshipman
Boat Type: Oceanis 31

Postby mac » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi C_W, firstly apologise if i have posted this wrong, still trying to figure out how to reply on the forum.

We left Campbeltown on the 17th August heading to Ardrossan. We were using CH6 on VHF to talk to our friends and overheard 1 half of a conversation. We were just passing Pladda at the time.
Lots of boats heading for ireland, i assume you were one of them. if i can recall ther was not much wind, however the sun was out.

It was a bit of a contrast from the following day when we left Islay in a sunny F3. By the time we were at the MOK it was gusting 30knts. Someone managed to get the times wrong(not me obviously) which did not help...My daughter(6) took great delight pointing out the massive waves behind me and shouting weeeeeee as we surfed along.

Our boat name is Macea and we were cruising with Isas.

AL (Macea)

Return to “Shooting the breeze”