Did you get it
33%

Total votes: 3

BlowingOldBoots
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 41C

What Is A Decent Sort of Blog Thing For Pictures and Notes

Postby BlowingOldBoots » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 pm

The old lady will be out for a serious facelift this winter and I am taking her far from the sea to be near my home to get the work over and done with in one winter/spring.

I will be taking lots of pictures and notes for my records and would like to eventually share them online for those who may be undertaking a similar exercise. Any recommendations for an online depository that allows pictures with decent notes? It has to be free, the plan is to load up the pictures, add the notes and leave it alone after that. I will not be Blogging, guaranteed, and I am not interested in anyones comments on what I have done - the purpose is just to share what I have done and be specific about it and the old kit. The main reason is that it has taken me a long time to gather up information on the old systems on Sruth, so others can benefit from my searches. I do have Flikr but I don't like it really, its just a big electronic box of pictures and I can't fathom out how to sort them and control it.

I will put all the pictures and notes into a booklet and type up and send it off to the ROA at some point too.

Thanks,

Alastair
BlowingOldBoots

What time does the 24hour garage close?
http://www.rivalowners.org.uk

Mercian
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Rival32

Re: What Is A Decent Sort of Blog Thing For Pictures and Not

Postby Mercian » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:45 pm

I am planning on on a similar refit over this winter, first proper one in the five years I have owned the boat. I will be equally happy to post photos as for the information of others.

mm5aho
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 32

Re: What Is A Decent Sort of Blog Thing For Pictures and Not

Postby mm5aho » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:10 pm

And I'll be really interested, in order to see what I should be doing!
Geoff.
"Contender" Rival 32: Roseneath in winter, Mooring off Gourock in summer.

Return to “Shooting the breeze”