Next weekend ....

Forum for general cruising topics
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Next weekend ....

Postby marisca » Sun May 12, 2013 9:41 pm

After last weekend's daring circumnavigation of Lismore I believe that next weekend the Cerise Mure (pas) is heading for the Clyde via Oban, Salen, Craighouse, Lamlash and hence to Troon as part of the SIPR fleet. Do wish them well.

Fingal
Old Salt
Boat Type: Westerly Fulmar 32

Re: Next weekend ....

Postby Fingal » Sun May 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Italian Wikipedia describes 'Marisca' as follows:

The Marisca is a lingo of skin that protrudes from the surface of ' anus or perianal region. [1] is essentially a surplus of the skin of the anal region, not painful and non-pathological, which is formed as a result of traumatic results.
It may be the consequence of a muco-hemorrhoidal prolapse, as may occur due to the intervention for the reduction of the same or due to a thrombophlebitis .
Not being a disease, does not present any particular symptom, however, although it may be the site of itching or irritation.

The Cherry Ripe syndicate likewise wishes Marisca all the best.
Ken
Fulmar 32 Fingal

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Sun May 12, 2013 11:29 pm

At the end of Round One, Green Boat is definitely ahead on points. But this could be a long fight as these two Titans of the Keyboard slug it out. What will happen in Round Two?

Ding!

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Mon May 13, 2013 7:11 am

2 falls, a knockout or submission to a barbed wire pull-through to decide the winner
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

marisca
Yellow Admiral

Postby marisca » Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 am

A bit below the belt!

I eventually found the Wiki entry along with the caveat
Avvertenza - Le informazioni qui riportate hanno solo un fine illustrativo. Wikipedia non dà garanzia di validità dei contenuti: leggi le avvertenze.

It worries me that a social scientist cites Wiki as a definitive source despite Wiki itself warning of the dangers. Maybe that passes as rigorous research in academia these days. May I suggest it might be wise to use more than a single bearing to determine his position during the race. We will keep a listening watch on Ch16 (and a toolbox) just in case.

Marisca is so named by taking the opening letters of my wife and daughters' names. There was already a CO32 called "Carisma".

Should be an interesting race - forecasts are somewhat volatile with changes from 20kts+ to flat calm depending on just where the lows go.

marisca
Yellow Admiral

Postby marisca » Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 am

I'm setting off today so any more abuse should be retained until Thursday or Friday at Oban. Do you have your team dinner booked? I note from the news that some Oban restaurants may be short-staffed.

Fingal
Old Salt

Postby Fingal » Mon May 13, 2013 2:07 pm

marisca wrote:I'm setting off today so any more abuse should be retained until Thursday or Friday at Oban. Do you have your team dinner booked? I note from the news that some Oban restaurants may be short-staffed.

I understand that Cap'n C has reserved a table at Eeusk.
Ken
Fulmar 32 Fingal

marisca
Yellow Admiral

Postby marisca » Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Sent courtesy of CalMac's wifi frae Rossay.

What an idiotic sail here from Gourock. Wind varied between 12 and 38kts and swung around about 60 degrees almost continuously. I was rolling the genny out, rolling it in, shaking it all about - just couldn't be bothered with the main. Sea varied between smoothish and AWB delaminating shortish waves and holes. Temperature was baltic in the black showers and I'm sure there was hail. Snow on the mountains! Tomorrow to Ardrishaig.

At least my runners are pretty ....

Fingal
Old Salt

Postby Fingal » Mon May 13, 2013 10:42 pm

marisca wrote:
At least my runners are pretty ....

I suppose if you have a boat named Irritating Arse you need all the distractions you can muster. See you Thursday :P 9
Ken
Fulmar 32 Fingal

MrMcP
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Other peoples...

Postby MrMcP » Sat May 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Ken, sorry to hear of your runners' problems. Hope they're ok. Still hearing from boats near front that their trip is slow, ridiculously rainy and tidal gates playing havoc with progress. Some very frustrated crews out there.

Apparently Obedient ahead as usual, Blue Chip contemplating retiring after Jura and Paps proving tough for everyone.

marisca
Yellow Admiral

Postby marisca » Sun May 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Drifting towards Troon under spinnaker - 1.9nm to the green buoy. What a curate's egg of a race! Flat calms, sloppy calms, 40+kt gusts, reefs and storm jib, spinnaker up and down like the proverbial rat and despite oars and a yuloh (~2.5kts flat out) we was beat by Lammergeyer again. This time we almost got to MoK with good tide and ended up about 20 miles south before making easting again. They were later and somehow got to Lamlash an hour ahead. I'm knackered!

Now where's the skinny on Ken and his runners?

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Mon May 20, 2013 7:03 am

Must be over by now?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

MrMcP
Master Mariner

Postby MrMcP » Mon May 20, 2013 8:39 am

Still boats arriving in and/or rowing around the course according to that definitive source of news, Twitter.

marisca
Yellow Admiral

Postby marisca » Mon May 20, 2013 9:55 am

Awoke to a tip of a boat, runners gone, lockers still full of muesli, energy bars, and the like. Why is this fun?

Come on somebody, tell me what happened to the green behemoth. Last I saw was it anchored in Salen with runners on board, then it was gone. After his insulting posts about my fine vessel I want ammunition.

MrMcP
Master Mariner

Postby MrMcP » Mon May 20, 2013 10:55 am

Afraid I've only got minimal information - full text below, from which you can speculate to your heart's content :)

Two retirals only on the Mull leg of Cherry Ripe and Capricorn whose runners had to make a wise descent on the old race route due to one of the runners sustaining a knee injury but both being successfully got of the hill by the Mull marshals.

Return to “Shooting the breeze”