SIPR question

Forum for general cruising topics
MrMcP
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Other peoples...

SIPR question

Postby MrMcP » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm

I know I'm an infrequent poster round these parts, but got a quick question.

I was hoping to participate in this years SIPR, but for various reasons the boat we were going to use fell through. Normally I wouldn't mind, but the race was going to be part of a series of events I'm doing this year for charity, and finding a replacement 160+ mile event isn't too easy. Distance is important, as the whole year is based round racing 1000 miles on water, foot, cycle, etc.

Does anyone on here know of a participating boat that might be looking for crew? I can turn a winch, pull a rope, not fall overboard and am quite happy taking a turn on the helm when the weather's garbage waiting for the tide to turn round the Mull. Also happy on an oar if/when the wind dies. And if a runner is injured then I can plod round the hills - done all 3 routes before although never in anything resembling record times.

Appreciate it's a long shot, but thought I'd ask.

Cheers,

Andy

marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Re: SIPR question

Postby marisca » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Sorry Andy, at the moment Marisca, and I believe Mara of Lorne, are fully crewed but as the day approaches, it has been known to change. Good luck.
There is the Orkney race out of Granton in June.

Fingal
Old Salt
Boat Type: Westerly Fulmar 32

Re: SIPR question

Postby Fingal » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Cherry Ripe is probably entering. We have a sailing crew but may have a vacancy for a runner. PM me and I wil give you a bit more detail.
Ken
Fulmar 32 Fingal

Return to “Shooting the breeze”