Sunday

Forum for general cruising topics
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Sunday

Postby claymore » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Well - following my previous email alerting all to the fact that, with pockets full of cash, I'd be in the environs of Oban on Sunday.

I'm told the Hoos of the Troos shuts just after tea time and they don't do food.
Wully has beggered aff tae the Alps
Nicks giving hand has withered in terms of offering me a head down with sumptuous breakfast on Monday

so
Sod the lot of you - now booked into Oban's finest hostelry with jacuzzi bath, luxuriating knee deep in shagpile, Angus Beef on the dinner menu and a heart attack on a plate for breakfast.

Glad you didn't want to meet up - I shall have a far better time ON MY OWN
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

jim.r
SWS
Boat Type: Moody S38

Re: Sunday

Postby jim.r » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Aye, its a gran welcome in the glens in these days, whaurs yon traditional hielan hospitality? THey must be gettin ready for yon indeependence ...

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 pm

You didn't say you were looking for a bed . . . you are always welcome, though it is a bed settee.

Which of Oban's 6-star palaces are you staying in?
- Nick 8)

Gardenshed
Old Salt
Boat Type: Grand Soleil 39 & Hobie Tiger

Postby Gardenshed » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:41 pm

As a yotty, you may find that the welcome in Balvicar is actually warmer that the one you get in Oban:

"The bay (and its view) are for all of us. Not just for the gin and tonic brigade on their flash boats. Well done to the Councillors who are actively opposing the destruction of the historic ambience of Oban Bay."

comment in reference to attempts to resurrect the Oban Bay Transit Marina

http://forargyll.com/2012/02/oban-bay-m ... rty-group/

(I'm also having a hard time associating the neglected cesspit between the piers with the "historic ambience" comment.)

Put a couple of caravan club stickers on your car and don't wear anything with sailing logos or branding on it.

& change those English fivers and tenners to Scottish florins before you cross into Argyll

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Gardenshed wrote:As a yotty, you may find that the welcome in Balvicar is actually warmer that the one you get in Oban:

"The bay (and its view) are for all of us. Not just for the gin and tonic brigade on their flash boats. Well done to the Councillors who are actively opposing the destruction of the historic ambience of Oban Bay."

I see you have tracked down yet another of the Crimson Vicar's obnoxious cyberpersonae . . . expect him to start babbling about the 'Pugwash brigade' any minute :roll:
- Nick 8)

wully
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: sailie boatie

Postby wully » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:38 pm

claymore wrote:Wully has beggered aff tae the Alps

No jist yet - cars packed though and we'll be aff ramorra.

The shed is not locked - help yersell...

garredfox
Master Mariner

Postby garredfox » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:33 pm

You would have been very welcome at our humble abode for the night - we must apologise for not reading between the lines!

:oops:
the other half

Return to “Shooting the breeze”