Perception of Self

Forum for general cruising topics
Little Five
Able Seaman
Boat Type: sabre 27

Re: Perception of Self

Postby Little Five » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:34 am

ubergeekian wrote:
HRH-A wrote:One could have bought a used 2009 model which is being sold by SolentBoy from TOP...

"With just 2000 miles and 300 engine hours under her belt she presents a unique opportunity to own one of the finest examples of this outstanding marque."

I do hope he has checked that there are sails in those bags. A new owner might want to use them.

:lol: :lol:

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Seastream 34

Re: Perception of Self

Postby DaveS » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 pm

ubergeekian wrote:
HRH-A wrote:One could have bought a used 2009 model which is being sold by SolentBoy from TOP...

"With just 2000 miles and 300 engine hours under her belt she presents a unique opportunity to own one of the finest examples of this outstanding marque."

I do hope he has checked that there are sails in those bags. A new owner might want to use them.

Yes, that thought struck me too. Less than 7 miles per engine hour for a 44 foot boat does imply not much sailing.

Then again, doing the sums for my 30 foot boat for the 14 years I've owned her I see that I have motored 47% of the time and travelled 9.8 miles per engine hour. Which is less than I would have guessed without actually working it out. There was a thread in ToP on this some time back...

Return to “Shooting the breeze”