Calendar

Forum for general cruising topics
User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Calendar

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:31 pm

.
The boat is very small in this one . . .

Image
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Calendar

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 am

.
The think I like most about putting the calendar up is the interest and range of comments it always attracts . . .
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Old_Glow_In_The_Deep
Master Mariner
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:51 pm
Boat Type: Newbridge Voyager
Location: My World

Re: Calendar

Postby Old_Glow_In_The_Deep » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:21 am

Nick!.... do we have to be on ooour toes…. cos do I detect a note of sarcasm?

The thing I like about the calendar are some excellent photo’s….. thanks!

P.S. …. I would like to know what the little black ball signifies on the site?

And secondly….. how does one gain promotion on here?..... on that matter… can one also receive a demotion so I know what to avoid?

I just need to know when I can relinquish the position of “Scabby Ab”? :wink:

Just had a thought…. (I do try not to do this too often)…. why not have an appropriate ish structure such as engineer, engine room scrubber, duty chef, duty steward, watch-on stop-on look out etc? :idea:

PLUS.... I think yoor post counter is broken.... :roll:
Last edited by Old_Glow_In_The_Deep on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Little Five
Able Seaman
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:56 am
Boat Type: sabre 27
Location: Glasgow

Re: Calendar

Postby Little Five » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 am

Lets see.... one the one hand very nice photo which, I would guess, took a bit of effort to get if that is your yacht in the piccy. On the other hand, grand headland that it is, for a calander photo, a tad boring? (unless it is one's yacht of course). Is it one's yacht Nick? :)

Actually I think this is a great idea.

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Calendar

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 am

.
No, not my yacht. Getting Kathy to sail right round Mingulay just so I could take a piccy would be a tad excessive . . . and if it was Fairwinds the genny would have been flying as well.

I don't know whose boat she is - the pic was taken Monday of last week (25 Jul) at around 4.15pm from the cliffs on the West side of Mingulay. I liked the depth and the slightly curved horizon effect, but if you didn't like it never mind, you might like next month's - the endeavour is to make them as varied as possible.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Calendar

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am

Old_Glow_In_The_Deep wrote:I would like to know what the little black ball signifies on the site?

And secondly….. how does one gain promotion on here?..... on that matter… can one also receive a demotion so I know what to avoid?



PLUS.... I think your post counter is broken.... :roll:

OGITD,

What little black ball??????

Promotion is just a matter of post count. Keep posting and you will eventually rise through the ranks.

Post counter is working . . . suggest resetting your cookies.
- Nick 8)

Image

Little Five
Able Seaman
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:56 am
Boat Type: sabre 27
Location: Glasgow

Re: Calendar

Postby Little Five » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 am

Nick wrote:.
No, not my yacht. Getting Kathy to sail right round Mingulay just so I could take a piccy would be a tad excessive . . . and if it was Fairwinds the genny would have been flying as well.

I don't know whose boat she is - the pic was taken Monday of last week (25 Jul) at around 4.15pm from the cliffs on the West side of Mingulay. I liked the depth and the slightly curved horizon effect, but if you didn't like it never mind, you might like next month's - the endeavour is to make them as varied as possible.


I did like the photo and it was worth the effort. I was trying to give you 2 opinions in 1 as that was what you appeared to be asking for. :roll: As I said in last post, a great idea- can anyone submit a photo for consideration?

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Calendar

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:05 am

Little Five wrote:
I did like the photo and it was worth the effort. I was trying to give you 2 opinions in 1 as that was what you appeared to be asking for. :roll: As I said in last post, a great idea- can anyone submit a photo for consideration?


Your opinion is valued. Yes, anyone can submit a photo for consideration - it needs to be a minimum of 1680 x 1050 as this is currently the maximum screen resolution catered for. Bigger is usually better.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: Calendar

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Old_Glow_In_The_Deep wrote:Nick!.... do we have to be on ooour toes…. cos do I detect a note of sarcasm?

The thing I like about the calendar are some excellent photo’s….. thanks!

P.S. …. I would like to know what the little black ball signifies on the site?

And secondly….. how does one gain promotion on here?..... on that matter… can one also receive a demotion so I know what to avoid?

I just need to know when I can relinquish the position of “Scabby Ab”? :wink:

Just had a thought…. (I do try not to do this too often)…. why not have an appropriate ish structure such as engineer, engine room scrubber, duty chef, duty steward, watch-on stop-on look out etc? :idea:

PLUS.... I think yoor post counter is broken.... :roll:


What title would you like John? Muff Diver? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Striking photo Nick.
C_W

User avatar
Old_Glow_In_The_Deep
Master Mariner
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:51 pm
Boat Type: Newbridge Voyager
Location: My World

Re: Calendar

Postby Old_Glow_In_The_Deep » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:18 pm

[/quote]
What title would you like John? Muff Diver? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Striking photo Nick.
C_W[/quote]

I did have the T-shirt proclaiming that I could breath through my ears…… oh to revisit my youth……. those WERE the days! :D :D :D

User avatar
Arghiro
Old Salt
Posts: 917
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:54 pm
Boat Type: Pentland Ketch
Location: Midlands

Re: Calendar

Postby Arghiro » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:08 am

Old_Glow_In_The_Deep wrote:

What title would you like John? Muff Diver? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Striking photo Nick.
C_W[/quote]

I did have the T-shirt proclaiming that I could breath through my ears…… oh to revisit my youth……. those WERE the days! :D :D :D[/quote]

A bit like Shrek then? :tiphat:

Nick, remind me how to submit a pic, is it just pm it to you? And the Netbook version isn't working for me, I just get the frame & title with a little red cross in the corner.

User avatar
Arghiro
Old Salt
Posts: 917
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:54 pm
Boat Type: Pentland Ketch
Location: Midlands

Re: Calendar

Postby Arghiro » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Ta, Nick, the netbook format calendar is fine now.


Return to “Shooting the breeze”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests