Blowing my own trumpet...

Forum for general cruising topics
Mark
Old Salt

Re: Blowing my own trumpet...

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:29 pm

Shard wrote:We passed it this "summer", belting down the Inner Sound in strong northerly. Looks like a good place to call at. Thanks

Cheers, at risk of this becoming a mutual back slapping fest it has to be said I really enjoy your shots of the more remote spots in the West Coast of Scotland! They're all stored in my head for future visits!

Mark
Old Salt

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:34 pm

MrMcP wrote:Those are lovely - is the second one on Meganisi?

Not quite, it's Nisos Dragonisi in the Dragonisi Archipelago.

Nice. Where were they taken?

The terrain looks so familiar in the second one. Sharp stones, sharp sticks, red dirt and goat **** face the intrepid photographer as he climbs up for a nicer view pouring with sweat!

A few more of my last trip here:
http://fattie.freehostia.com/Ionian2009/

MrMcP
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Other peoples...

Postby MrMcP » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Markie wrote:
MrMcP wrote:Those are lovely - is the second one on Meganisi?

Nice. Where were they taken?

The terrain looks so familiar in the second one. Sharp stones, sharp sticks, red dirt and goat **** face the intrepid photographer as he climbs up for a nicer view pouring with sweat!

First one is the west side of the sandy spit on Skorpios island, where they chase you with dogs if you dare swim ashore :). Last time we were there this side was closed off with a row of buoys across the bay.

The second one is on the mainland side heading north towards the Levkas canal from Nidri. We just found a bay and went for a swim.....then about an hour after that pic was taken we dragged across the bay when the wind picked up and the weight of 2 boats became too much for one (probably incorrectly set) anchor in weed.....

Mark
Old Salt

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:48 pm

MrMcP wrote:First one is the west side of the sandy spit on Skorpios island, where they chase you with dogs if you dare swim ashore :). Last time we were there this side was closed off with a row of buoys across the bay.

The second one is on the mainland side heading north towards the Levkas canal from Nidri. We just found a bay and went for a swim.....then about an hour after that pic was taken we dragged across the bay when the wind picked up and the weight of 2 boats became too much for one (probably incorrectly set) anchor in weed.....

Ta! Really interested!

Return to “Shooting the breeze”