Awa

Forum for general cruising topics
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Awa

Postby Nick » Fri May 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Heading NW this afternoon, Tobermory tonight, tomorrow the world . . . .

Maybe see some of you out there - keep the budgies flying.
- Nick 8)

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Re: Awa

Postby Telo » Sat May 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Sorry we missed you; just out of the Sound of Mull and heading up the Lynn of Morvern. Sahona may still be in Loch na Droma Buidhe tonight.

We had a cracking sail down the Sound, F6 for most of the time (with some stronger gusts), but it's all gone here. Having to motor.

Anyway, Fair Winds!

drumtochty
Able Seaman

Postby drumtochty » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Just had a phone call from Nick and Kathy. They of course had run out of credit on the PAYG mobile and have just been able to buy some credit.

They have returned from St Kilda and are anchored in Lochmaddy. They cannot get online as the hotel wifi in Lochmaddy will not accept the wireless key from their laptop.

eddie

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Whilst getting to St Kilda is an achievement, I am rather sorry that Webchrist has made it as the auld git will now be unbearable for the forseeable future - as he was after Ireland, the Azores et al.
Mind you - its the Missus I feel sorry for, whit a woman - locked up on a Vega wi the webmeister is my idea of Guantanamo.
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace

Postby aquaplane » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Do folk actually go to St Kilda? I thought it was a threat rather than a target.
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

drumtochty
Able Seaman

Postby drumtochty » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Mind you - its the Missus I feel sorry for, whit a woman - locked up on a Vega wi the webmeister is my idea of Guantanamo.

We have know webmeister for too many years, around 28 and he has not improved in the slightest. With regards to your idea of "Guantanamo".

There is one other version of it and that's their dog Homer. He has been here just over a week. He lies about grunting and farting all day, just like the webmeister. We have reduced the quantity and changed his food which has stopped him farting. He still waddles and grunts and as he is now deaf, talking to him is like talking to the webmeister.

Yes we have never understood why Kathy lives with him, could it be the gut and bad temper.

eddie

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Kindred spirits then Eddie, good to meet someone of a similar disposition towards the lounge lizard of the tightened trouser - we would never have virtually met if it hadnae been fer the auld git of course. No doubt something else he'll craw on about when he starts listing his "achievements"
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Return to “Shooting the breeze”