S*butt Clyde Cruise

Forum for general cruising topics
User avatar
ash
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:14 pm
Boat Type: Moody 346
Location: Tarbert, East Loch Tarbert, Loch Fyne, Scotland

Re: S*butt Clyde Cruise

Postby ash » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Pete Cooper wrote:
But will you not be ON the ferry, or have you secured a berth elsewhere?


Yes, I'll be ON the ferry - forgot my tongue - in - cheek smilie - again.

Ash
"This is a sailing Forum"
Albin Vega "Mistral" is now sold

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: S*butt Clyde Cruise

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Clyde_Wanderer wrote:
Pete Cooper wrote:Eamonn, I'll be in the flying Moody so will be there days before anybody else. :D






Or not!


So are you setting out tomorrow to be there in time then? :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW I will be taking some pics of boats arriving at the pontoon, so remember all sails up, unless of course it is blowing a gale when I will be sheltering in the bar. :)


I guess by the looks of the weather forecast I will be sheltering in the bar :)

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: S*butt Clyde Cruise

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:03 pm

How about a last minute boat count for the SB cruise on fri?

Btw anyone heard from Booby trapper? he has been very quiet as of late.
ARE YOU OK IAN?

User avatar
Booby Trapper
Old Salt
Posts: 624
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:48 pm
Boat Type: Jeanneau Attalia
Location: ayrshire
Contact:

Re: S*butt Clyde Cruise

Postby Booby Trapper » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:06 am

Clyde_Wanderer wrote:How about a last minute boat count for the SB cruise on fri?

Btw anyone heard from Booby trapper? he has been very quiet as of late.
ARE YOU OK IAN?


Great, thanks for asking. The forecast has changed quite a bit for the weekend some conflicting wind reports depending where you look. Don't think there will be many sails up on arrival Fri night.
I've offered Ash a couple of berths on Saturday night I've explained it all to him on a PM on TOP but I see he is offline until tomorrow night.

Ian

User avatar
Gordonmc
Master Mariner
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Clyde

Re: S*butt Clyde Cruise

Postby Gordonmc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:47 am

Booby Trapper wrote:
I've offered Ash a couple of berths on Saturday night I've explained it all to him on a PM on TOP but I see he is offline until tomorrow night.

Ian

That's good, Ian because I couldn't give Ash a cast-iron offer of my forepeak.
I won't find out until later today if I will have crew, although looking at the forecast I suspect I will be on my own.
At least there will be a choice.

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: S*butt Clyde Cruise

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:47 pm

Booby Trapper wrote:
Clyde_Wanderer wrote:How about a last minute boat count for the SB cruise on fri?

Btw anyone heard from Booby trapper? he has been very quiet as of late.
ARE YOU OK IAN?


Great, thanks for asking. The forecast has changed quite a bit for the weekend some conflicting wind reports depending where you look. Don't think there will be many sails up on arrival Fri night.
I've offered Ash a couple of berths on Saturday night I've explained it all to him on a PM on TOP but I see he is offline until tomorrow night.

Ian


Good to hear you are well Ian.
Are you meaning you wont be along on fri night? :(
According to 'Weather Map' tomorrow is to be dull cloudy dry later on but winds of 7-10mph and sat is to be similar.
What other sites are you looking at?
Gordon, hope you are going to make it as I have packed something with a mighty punch for you!
C_W

User avatar
Booby Trapper
Old Salt
Posts: 624
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:48 pm
Boat Type: Jeanneau Attalia
Location: ayrshire
Contact:

Re: S*butt Clyde Cruise

Postby Booby Trapper » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:27 pm

Clyde_Wanderer wrote:
Booby Trapper wrote:
Clyde_Wanderer wrote:How about a last minute boat count for the SB cruise on fri?

Btw anyone heard from Booby trapper? he has been very quiet as of late.
ARE YOU OK IAN?


Great, thanks for asking. The forecast has changed quite a bit for the weekend some conflicting wind reports depending where you look. Don't think there will be many sails up on arrival Fri night.
I've offered Ash a couple of berths on Saturday night I've explained it all to him on a PM on TOP but I see he is offline until tomorrow night.



Ian


Good to hear you are well Ian.
Are you meaning you wont be along on fri night? :(
According to 'Weather Map' tomorrow is to be dull cloudy dry later on but winds of 7-10mph and sat is to be similar.
What other sites are you looking at?
Gordon, hope you are going to make it as I have packed something with a mighty punch for you!
C_W


No I'll be there tomorrow hope to be arriving about 7-730pm. I've been looking at weatheronline, windguru and for a good laugh bbc forecast
See you tomorrow bigparty; bigparty;

User avatar
Booby Trapper
Old Salt
Posts: 624
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:48 pm
Boat Type: Jeanneau Attalia
Location: ayrshire
Contact:

Re: S*butt Clyde Cruise

Postby Booby Trapper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:54 am

Just had another look at the weather this morn, fingers crossed Saturday looks like it's going to be rather good. :sailing :bananas :sailing :bananas :happydance :happydance


Return to “Shooting the breeze”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests