Claymore's Birthday

Forum for general cruising topics
Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:44 pm

Isn't the internet wonderful. The things you learn...

Sadly, I'm working too but if it helps to make up the numbers you can put one in the pump for me. :wink: I'll be thinking of you.
different colours made of tears

HRH-A
Able Seaman

Happy Birthday

Postby HRH-A » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:48 am

One would wish to take this opportunity to wish Claymore

A Very Happy Birthday

One still has the pleasant memory of meeting the man himself in a chandlery, and if Tim hadn't been aboard the old Rustler, then one would have been tempted to invite C for a G&T.

If one can find enough swinging room in Puilladobhrain (Tim tends to lay a lot of scope) one may join you all in the Hoose o' Troosers.
Yours

HRH-A

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:13 pm

Your Magister
Please accept my most humble and sincere thanks for your communication and I am delighted that we may meet again on Saturday.

There may be some rough boys in the hostelry and for that I apologise in advance. They are all decent men and well intentioned - I write this to ensure that I am not judged by your Dear Self, by their boisterous nature.

I am, of course, your loyal servant and defender.
PS - the new cooker is fine but the plastic draining board has suffered terminal damage - might I make so bold as to enquire about yours?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

HRH-A
Able Seaman

My Loyal Subject

Postby HRH-A » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 pm

One has to hope that one has not raised false hope in the heart of your goodself and those of your fellow decent men.

One understood from the early posts that drink was to be consumed on the 29th, when indeed I could be available, but alas on Saturday I am engaged on business outwith the country, viz

Saturday, 1st July
The Princess Royal, Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Newfoundland Regiment, will attend a ceremony of remembrance to commemorate the 90th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme at Beaumont Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Beaumont Hamel, Somme, France. Later Her Royal Highness will represent Her Majesty The Queen at a dinner to celebrate the Silver Wedding of Their Royal Highnesses The Grand Duke and The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg at Chateau de Berg, Luxembourg.

Indeed, it is a great pity as one has a wish to meet rough but decent men as one has a notion to raise an army and declare Scotia as one's kingdom if ever brother Charlie takes over the business from mummy.

As some compensation for one's absence, one will ask mummy to send a little something in the post on New Years Day.

One can only hope that one is available for your next birthday.

PS One was so heart a flutter in your presence that one can barely remember what one had broken ( and Nick's search engine can't seem to find the post in question)
Yours

HRH-A

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

If I may make so bold your highness..

Postby Silkie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:25 pm

The conversation in question was related here by Matt (rather than in a post) though he is not specific about the object itself.

It's a pleasure to have you aboard or otherwise.

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:28 am

Claymore is currently lying in a darkened room as this has all got a bit much for him
Regards
Claymore

HRH-A
Able Seaman

Bold Young Man

Postby HRH-A » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:51 am

Silkie - (does that refer to your beard?) One would like to thank one for jogging one's memory.

BTW - Are you one of those rough but decent men? You sound just the man for a leadership role in my army.

The article in question was, one seems to remember, a draining board. One certainly remembers throwing a draining board manufacturer in the Tower - but again - the Tower is stuffed full of manufacturers and suppliers of faulty boaty goods!

One will set one's VHF on dual watch 16/77 from now on and listen oot fer yous ruff boys.
Yours

HRH-A

Aja
Old Salt
Boat Type: Moody 346

Can only mean one

Postby Aja » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:54 am

claymore wrote:Claymore is currently lying in a darkened room as this has all got a bit much for him

Holidays have arrived?

Sheena stopped yesterday
Donald

cpedw
Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Postby cpedw » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:52 pm

And I thought I was the only venerable seafarer and educationalist who embarked on his life's journey on 28th June. I'm yet to encounter Royalty in the flesh (or a swindlery) though.
I just might meet you all (however many and exulted you may be) in that infamous house tomorrow, depending on the outcome of some ticklish domestical negotiations...

Regards,
Derek.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Bold Young Man

Postby Silkie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:22 pm

HRH-A wrote:Silkie - (does that refer to your beard?)

That one is remarkably well informed is hardly surprising.

It is no part of good manners for a gentleman to question a lady but since I was clean shaven when last we met I am curious. Does one read one's blog?

HRH-A
Able Seaman

Postby HRH-A » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:49 pm

Silkie wrote: Does one read one's blog?

One certainly does.

One now has the Range Rover set up with 12/240V inverter and laptop with GPRS, and if one has a driver, one amuses oneself by surfing the net.

If one googles on Silkie, one finds loads of links to photos of both the good ship Silkie, and her skipper.

One does not remember the circumstance of our meeting, but one meets so many, and you didn't then have a beard.

You might have to shave the beard off, and post a new photo on your blog so that one can try to remember you.

One will also monitor the Crew Wanted posts, in case there is a spare bunk on Silkie, at a time convenient to one.
Yours

HRH-A

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:42 pm

HRH-A wrote:One will also monitor the Crew Wanted posts, in case there is a spare bunk on Silkie, at a time convenient to one.

I would be honoured to have one aboard the good ship Silkie (or otherwise) but would one not find her a trifle pokey after one's Rustler? What would Tim think?

As it happens I have a berth available next weekend but one's diary is probably full for months in advance.

I shall scan a photograph I treasure of our memorable meeting.

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:48 pm

Claymore is now out of his darkened room and is throwing up.

Fantastic weekend. Delightful reach up to Pullers. Lovely meal care of Dear Heart and the new cooker then a quiet wander ashore to find that Webby had already been into the hoos o' troosers and supped all the guest beer (and him a local!) so there was only tennants which I seem to be allergic to. had a pint - left enough for the webbys to wet their respective whistles and just got back to the boat before a shower of rain arrived.
Lovely day today reaching down the Sound of Luing and back tae base.
Unseasonably warm!!
Regards
Claymore

Aja
Old Salt
Boat Type: Moody 346

Postby Aja » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:20 am

Glad to hear you had a pleasant birthday weekend.

We went up to Loch Gair. Absolute bliss. Hidden gem (for the Clyde at any rate).

Like you a nice drift back home.

Donald

Return to “Shooting the breeze”