God's particle ... what colour?

Forum for general cruising topics
ParaHandy
Old Salt

God's particle ... what colour?

Postby ParaHandy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:49 pm

40 years efter Prof Higgs (an Edinburgh loon) proposed such a particle, we'll know by next wednesday whether it exists, if the CERN machine works. Given it's designed by 7,000 euro-boffins, the prognosis might not be too good. A Hawaian physics bod reckons we're all done for and is suing for something .. loss of income?

All well and good and may the quark be with them; but what colour might this particle be? It has to be grey. Any other colour would imply God's approval of any person or object associated with that colour whereas grey might only be used to "colour" fitba' away strips and the odd motor-sailer?

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:49 am

Does God concern himself with colours?

Obviously, he created all colours known to man but how important did he think was the diferencee 'twixt grey and green - if at all?
different colours made of tears

ljs
Old Salt
Boat Type: Sadler 34

Postby ljs » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 am

Think it's being turned on on wednesday but will take a few weeks before the big experiments start?
My older sister did her PhD in particle physics there in the 1970s and tells me there's absolutely nothing to worry about. There again she told me Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy were real as well...
Im going for pink with a white stripe tho they may be going too fast for anyone to tell.

Windfinder
Master Mariner

Postby Windfinder » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 am

[quote="ljs"]There again she told me Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy were real as well...[/quote]

Are you claiming they're not? Sh1t I thought I'd just been really naughty since I left home.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:24 pm

Hmmm..

I can't see what's wrong with your quote mark-up but it doesn't appear as a quote for me. What can the matter be, I wonder, unless a senior moment on my part?

Did you use the quote button?

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:43 pm

If I copy and paste it works fine.
ljs wrote:There again she told me Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy were real as well...

ljs
Old Salt
Boat Type: Sadler 34

Postby ljs » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 pm

I think he's hit the 'quote' button at high velocity in the 'dark' and so produced some sort of Quark....
Not sure what colour it is

Return to “Shooting the breeze”