Lochranza Pontoons Open.

Forum for general cruising topics
little boy blue
Old Salt

Postby little boy blue » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Arghiro wrote: ..... Should we mount a mass "Rape & Pillage" expedition to avoid them being dissappointed?

have you seen the wimmen in lochranza :?: :bike:

lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace 1000

Postby lady_stormrider » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:37 pm

The pub seemed OK when we were there this year, and reasonably full too, no complaints there. It was a bit of a treck to the shop at the caravan site, and there wasn't much in it either, a good shop would be welcome.

Do you remember the price of a certain bottle of wine on the menu, skipper? I now know how they raised the money for the pontoon.

By the way, as a lady who had to clamber over slime on the beach on her knees I think the pontoon is an excellent improvement. I'm sure the time thing will sort itself out and the honesty box system will work.
Became a full-time sailor at the end of May

Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Daveanmucker wrote:That looks like a seriously good job, Lochranza has never been the easiest place t leave your dinghy for any length of time. We shouldn't winge about it but welcome it, it shows that the village welcomes us.

Not quite so sure about that, was speaking to a local lady who reckons that the village is devided about the usefulness of the new pontoon.
Was there last week jun 29-30, and someone had put up a FOR SALE sign on the top end of it.
Must admit I like the place, lovely backdrop to well sheltered moorings given the right wind direction.
Anyone came across the laughing deer who doeaent like crisps?

lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace 1000

Postby lady_stormrider » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 pm

The wine one the menu was £250 a bottle. Everything else about £10 for the usual vin de plonk on the menu. There was a defibrillator unit on hand as well.

There was a rather friendly doe, a deer, a female deer, on the road near the ferry landing. She was asking when Autumnwatch was on, with that nice Simon King.....
Became a full-time sailor at the end of May

Return to “Shooting the breeze”