Forum for general cruising topics
jim.r
SWS
Boat Type: Moody S38

End of Scuttlebutt for me

Postby jim.r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Just received this from Dan Foley

Hi Jimi,

Just to let you know I won't tolerate any more personal attacks from you on the forums, your reaction in the abseiling thread was over the top and clearly it's becoming more of a focus for the forum. I will speak to the others involved but I think your posts have been the worst, please remember the forum terms and condition otherwise I'll have to take further action.

Also, I've moved your tricycle thread to the lounge as scuttlebutt, as one poster suggested, is getting off topic.

Thanks,
Dan

BigNick

Re: End of Scuttlebutt for me

Postby BigNick » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:45 pm

jim.r wrote:Just received this from Dan Foley

Hi Jimi,

Just to let you know I won't tolerate any more personal attacks from you on the forums, your reaction in the abseiling thread was over the top and clearly it's becoming more of a focus for the forum. I will speak to the others involved but I think your posts have been the worst, please remember the forum terms and condition otherwise I'll have to take further action.

Also, I've moved your tricycle thread to the lounge as scuttlebutt, as one poster suggested, is getting off topic.

Thanks,
Dan

THAT'S SHYTE !!

Cant the man tell teh difference between banter and an over the top reaction?

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

FFS

Postby Silkie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:13 pm

If you're not winding us up and Dan isn't winding you up (seems unlikely) then I DON'T BEELEEEEVE IT!

Apart from the fact that it was explained in the thread IIRC that it was just banter it was also perfectly obvious (I think anyway) that you were trying to provide a distraction from the genuine nastiness in the thread.

:horseflog
different colours made of tears

jim.r
SWS

Postby jim.r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:19 pm

No joke .. absolutely true. However in line with recent moderation

Magna Carter
Master Mariner

Postby Magna Carter » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Jimi,

Full apology from Dan in the same thread now after a number of people sprang to your defence....

Maybe we could convince you to reconsider?

However, agree.... the place aint the same as it used to be..... the odd nasty thread used to appear every few weeks..... now its common to get one every other day.... its IMHO more than the usual 'off season blues' this year.... hope it can be recovered....
2nd in command, East Coast embassy, Scotland.

jim.r
SWS

Postby jim.r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:44 pm

Did find it interesting that DAn just reacted to a PM by AlistairR complaining that his thread (to raise money yet again for a pet charity) was getting hijacked blaming me .. jings we could all tap people for our pet charities .. but to moan about that and completely ignore and leave the real abuse is quite appalling moderation. My respect for both AlistairR and DanF has gone down a few notches.

I'm aware Dan has apologised but I'm giving it a break until the humour and fun returns

jim.r
SWS

Postby jim.r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:47 pm

BTW, I did ask DAn to pull the Goodbye thread some time ago, but been ignored

Magna Carter
Master Mariner

Postby Magna Carter » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:55 pm

jim.r wrote: I'm aware Dan has apologised but I'm giving it a break until the humour and fun returns
Could be quite a long break.... :cry:
2nd in command, East Coast embassy, Scotland.

BigNick

Postby BigNick » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:27 pm

jim.r wrote:BTW, I did ask DAn to pull the Goodbye thread some time ago, but been ignored

Thanks to you, I am getting it from others, Like this ... :x

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look you stupid ugly twerp there's no such thing as unnecessary personal vitriol .. its all required you ugly streak of pox ridden piss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually on first reading I did find this extremely offensive but on second reading when I realised it was targetted at BigNick and not myself I realised my mistake, if you've met BigNick you'll realise it's a fairly accurate description of the guy so probably no offence was intended at all.

Cheers, Brian.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Fit's a' this then?

Postby Silkie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:25 pm

This would appear to be a post from Fatipa under BigNick's sign-on. The management are aware of one or two dual identities on here but this must be the first joint ID.

Come on Brian - don't be shy!

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:28 pm

jim.r wrote:BTW, I did ask DAn to pull the Goodbye thread some time ago, but been ignored

So are you jist hingin' it oot before going back to the goodbye thread to accept Dan's fulsome apology. :irony:

Edit: I take back the irony emoticon since Dan has now made a decent apology in his own thread.
Last edited by Silkie on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:32 pm

Must be something very odd going on there .... even Seabrush's "Is Scuttlebutt the "New Lounge"" has been shifted into the Lounge....

moresteamcphail
Able Seaman

Postby moresteamcphail » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:53 pm

It's ca'd cabinfever ....ance ye get yer boats back in the watter ye'll a' huv mair tae think aboot an' no fecht wi' ane anither!!!
Ah canna captain,the biler wilnae take it!

ljs
Old Salt
Boat Type: Sadler 34

Postby ljs » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:08 pm

Shard wrote:Must be something very odd going on there .... even Seabrush's "Is Scuttlebutt the "New Lounge"" has been shifted into the Lounge....

Perhaps something to do with the Bermuda Tricycle..?

"Am thinking of crossing the Atlantic from Tenerife to Bermuda by tricycle and wondered if anyone would like to sponsor me..'

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Fanny's Bay - what a lovely place to reside....
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Return to “Shooting the breeze”