Is it the same?

Forum for general cruising topics
So_Sage_of_Lorne
Old Salt

Is it the same?

Postby So_Sage_of_Lorne » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:43 pm

I was pleasantly surprised this morning by the gift of a bottle of Glenmorangie Quinta Rubain.

I am a little confused, is this the same as the Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish?
The description of "velvet smooth with hints of mint and chocolate" is certainly rather interesting.

Would you advise the inclusion of such a bottle in the ships inventory for the Clyde gathering or, should it remain in the reserved selection?

There is a thought that if the weather is fair, we could slip round the mull after the Clyde gathering and make a nuisance of ourselves in the Oban area the following weekend. 8)
I will not stay young forever but, I can be immature for the rest of my day's!

sahona
Admiral of the White
Boat Type: Marcon Claymore

Postby sahona » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Slipping round the bend to watch the fun was on my mind as well, but I think it may be too early in the year for 'she who pulls the strings and makes the decisions'. I suppose it all depends on the impression she is left with after the Clyde do. If she thinks they're a really nice bunch of well educated and polite guys and gals, we could risk the trip and then take the pain when she meets the other lot!
As for the whisky, perhaps we should all bring something obscure and have a blind tasting, or at least get blind, or maybe not...
http://trooncruisingclub.org/ 20' - 30' Berths available, Clyde.
Cruising, racing, maintenance facilities. Go take a look, you know you want to.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Re: Is it the same?

Postby Silkie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:23 pm

So_Sage_of_Lorne wrote:...is this the same as the Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish?

I don't know but I think I'd like to find out, in the time-honoured manner of course.
different colours made of tears

Return to “Shooting the breeze”