Chentleman's Cruise 2006

Forum for general cruising topics
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Chentleman's Cruise 2006

Postby claymore » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:56 am

Back at work today and seem to be the only one in...no phone ringing and no emails blethering so thought it would be a good time to run an advanced preliminary notice of the 2006 Cruise.
We increased in numbers of boats last year by 200% but I think there is still room for another few! - The number of covers in the dining room at the Tigh an Truish seems to be the critical factor!
Claymore's crew are being assembled rather than mustered at 16:00 hrs on Thursday 27th April and will be stood down at 20:00hrs on Monday 1st May
As usual I haven't got a clue whit they tides is up tae so perhaps someone wi an eye fer detail might advise!
Looking forward to it.
:D
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Your tides m'lud

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:08 pm

- Nick 8)

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:45 pm

Oh - truly excellent service. So the tide is running North on Thursday evening...In true chentleman's fashion it seems appropriate that we should go south then!
I was thinking that we've been down to Gigha and up to Tobers - I'd wondered about going off to Colonsay - weather and heeds permitting- on the Friday and having a few scoops there, then up to Arinagour for a few more on Saturday which would leave us with 2 days to get back to base.
The tide would be fine for Cuan and then off past the Garvellachs early on Friday Morning- or we could wait until lunchtime and take the first of the flood through Corryvreckan and or Cuan- the morning slot wid be ambitious and nae doubt a tad of a ficht fer they anadins.
Regards
Claymore

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Thanks for the early warning.

Postby Silkie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:03 pm

I've made a note in the diary. Starting that bit further north, I have to decide whether to come down to Loch Melfort on Thursday or catch up with the fleet on the water on Friday.

An early start on Friday would give me 6 hours of ebb down the Firth of Lorne but if the wind was unfavourable it could be a long day to Colonsay. It would need to be an early start on Thursday too, to catch the end of the ebb at Cuan. I wonder what my crew's plans are?
different colours made of tears

Nick
Admiral of the Blue

Who's . . .

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:05 pm

yer crew the noo?
- Nick 8)

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

jim.r

Postby Silkie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:22 pm

has taken the pope's shillin'. However it was on Christmas eve and I suspect he may have been slightly lubricated at the time. I sent him a link to some pics of Silkie's interior, emphasising the lack of space and lack of eberthingy but he says he'll bring his thermals and deodorant. We'll see.

Nick
Admiral of the Blue

Well, I dunno . . .

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:55 pm

Just been down to Fairwinds and am dismayed at the amount of stuff to do . . . no doubt once the new engine materialises and is installed I will feel more confident.

But there is a real possibility we will still be on the hard come the end of April . . . in which case I will be looking for a berth somewhere. You and Jimi and me in Silkie is just a bit too much though . . .
- Nick 8)

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Crew Stealing

Postby claymore » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:13 pm

Whits goin oan aroon here
Wid ra Pope be stealin yin o mah crew er es there twa jimi's aroon?
Regards
Claymore

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Jings crivvens help ma boab

Postby Silkie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:52 pm

Stealing your crew! I thought I was doing you a favour, taking a passenger off your hands!

All subject to the Cruise Director's approval, of course. Perhaps it would be better to leave berth allocation in your hands after all, particularly if Fairwinds might not be back in the water. I know Auld Nick is keen to repeat his sail in the delightful Silkie and I wouldn't want him 'n' Jim to come to blows o'er the heid o' it. :wink:

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Well, I dunno . . .

Postby Silkie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:59 pm

Nick wrote:You and Jimi and me in Silkie is just a bit too much though . . .

Nonsense! We'd be fine, as long as one of you was permanently installed on the windward rail! :D

PS - That's a great trick with the new engine. Could you materialise one for me while you're at it?

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:03 pm

Have the wee stippler - Ah'm done talkin tae him.
Will we be hearing from Avilion this year or has Davey dropped off the face of the planet?
Regards
Claymore

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Dunno.

Postby Silkie » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:33 pm

I did ask him here on December 22nd but he hasn't got around to a reply yet!

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:47 pm

We'd best speak quietly - he may be taking a kip. Hope he can make it. Anyways - what'll happen to the crumpet if Nick goes along with you and Jimi?
Regards
Claymore

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Dunno

Postby Silkie » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:57 pm

claymore wrote:Anyways - what'll happen to the crumpet if Nick goes along with you and Jimi?

I did wonder that myself but didn't like to ask in case anyone thought I was more interested than I should be.

That I'm very fond of both Nick & Jim goes without saying, of course, but a 4 day cruise with 3 adults aboard Silkie is something I've only ever attempted with close family and even then it wasn't a great success. :cry:

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:33 am

Hmm
Well - if it was all done in a beery moment and you need to reconsider then that's no problem. I'll take the two nubile young blondes another time and resign myself to seeing Jim's slightly less attractive bum wandering around. :cry:
I will only have gone back to work after Easter on the Monday so I'd thought of taking Claymore into the Clyde at Easter then sailing her back on the Cruise. I've decided this is a really silly plan so am now ditching it. We're in no rush to get anywhere so long as there is a bar we can get into at night so with you being at Dunstaffnage what do you think to us going up Loch Linnhe?
Regards
Claymore

Return to “Shooting the breeze”