OCC Update

Forum for general cruising topics
Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

OCC Update

Postby Silkie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:29 pm

Well they're dropping like flies.

Having decided on a whim to re-everything in the auxiliary power department at the start of the season, Shard will be unable to take part this year. On the crew front tcm has found himself a slightly more challenging role as delivery skipper of his new catamaran Mojomo on an W-E Atlantic crossing.

So..

Avilion and Silkie are the current fleet with Jill and Kenny crewing.

Any more for any more?
different colours made of tears

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Aaarggh!

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:14 pm

Just had a call from Kenny to say that he is going to caddy for his daughter in a golf championship that weekend and will be unable to join us. All we need now is for Jill to drop out and we'll be able to do the cruise in my Mirror dinghy.

Bring back the press!

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Willing to crew . . .

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:30 pm

. . . just send return air fares Lanzarote-Glasgow and arrange for the crew bus to meet us at the airport.

Alternatively, why not ask Tiim to crew?
- Nick 8)

Timbo
Able Seaman

Postby Timbo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:07 pm

It is just possible that Silkie would like to sail rather than motor. Given my proven ability to generate flat calm for miles around me when on a wind-powered vessel (WAZ excepted) it might not be such a good idea. Not sure of my availability, work-wise, at the mo either, but if ballast is needed and I am available.....

Failing that, I could spend the time planning to go flying, for a small fee. That should guarantee sufficient wind for some good sailing. Indeed my services are available to anyone who needs a stiff breeze - let me know date and location, and I will plan to fly there. This will produce a better than 90% chance of unflyable, but perfectly sailable, weather.
Tim

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:30 pm

Alternatively, why not ask Tiim to crew?

Good idea. I wish I'd thought of it.

However, in a relaxed moment last night (yes alcohol was involved) I appear to have invited Fullcircle along to provide some one-to-one spinnaker tuition. Although he seems keen he still has to gain the assent of Her Lynness and while she is a wonderfully warm human being, the fact that their floating wedding is shortly afterwards will put the kybosh on the trip I suspect. Nevertheless he currently has first refusal.

Now this weekend on the other hand..

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

As predicted

Postby Silkie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Fullcircle can't make it that weekend. In order to soften the blow however he has suggested that both he and Magnacarter would like to come on another weekend. If it wasn't for the fact that I know he knows about wee boats I'd think he'd lost the plot.

So...

This could be your entree into the glamorous world of ocean racing Timbo - work permitting of course.

Timbo
Able Seaman

Postby Timbo » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:20 am

Work permitting indeed - I am sat on tenterhooks (whatever they are they are damned uncomfotable) expecting to be summoned to whisky duty at any minute. Until I actually start, I have no idea what time off I am likely to get (if any). I'll keep you posted, but don't hold the berth open for me if you get another offer of removable ballast.
Tim

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:03 pm

You can't get out of it that easily. The Oban Distillery needs you more than you need them. Just tell them that you are committed to providing ballast on a luxuryless pocket cruiser on the first weekend in May.

I'm sure they'll see sense.

Return to “Shooting the breeze”