RYA yachtmaster theory (on-line) recommendation:

Forum for general cruising topics
Gardenshed
Old Salt
Boat Type: Grand Soleil 39 & Hobie Tiger

RYA yachtmaster theory (on-line) recommendation:

Postby Gardenshed » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:57 am

Any recommendations of an on-line RYA Yachtmaster theory course? ....or any providers to avoid
Looking for something additional to do to use the time spent when social distancing

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Re: RYA yachtmaster theory (on-line) recommendation:

Postby claymore » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 am

That's a good suggestion - at the moment I feel that ship has sailed for me, Dear Heart presented me with a list projects that 'all need doing'
I was rather hoping to develop my skype techniques and do a bit of writing.
All is lost
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Jonas
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Konsort

Postby Jonas » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:22 am

You could try navathome.com. I did one of their courses a few years ago, seemed OK.

Gardenshed
Old Salt
Boat Type: Grand Soleil 39 & Hobie Tiger

Postby Gardenshed » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:06 pm

thanks Jonas

cpedw
Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Postby cpedw » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:57 pm

claymore wrote:I was rather hoping to develop my skype techniques and do a bit of writing.
All is lost
Yes. Woman's Hour (radio 4 this morning) warned that a consequence of Covid will be lots of dreadful novels.

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:57 pm

I feel that was a bit harsh - I only said I wanted to do a bit of writing and out of the blue(moment) I am branded as a cack novelist.
Charming....fekkin charming :shake:
Regards
Claymore

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:59 pm

That was amazing - fekkin gets over the line but S.H.I.T.E gets turned into scottish excrement. Why scottish?
Regards
Claymore

FlyingGoose
Midshipman
Boat Type: Moody

Postby FlyingGoose » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:02 pm

Hey Navahome for me too , DS and YM online

wully
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: sailie boatie

Postby wully » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:20 pm

claymore wrote:I feel that was a bit harsh - I only said I wanted to do a bit of writing and out of the blue(moment) I am branded as a cack novelist.
Charming....fekkin charming :shake:

Ye could start off practicing by writing a few cheques? I can supply relevant details.

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:56 pm

Don't have a cheque book :D
Regards
Claymore

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:00 am

It was a dark and stormy night. The rain fell in lumps onto the deserted pavement as the Webmaster wandered in a confused state. He had no idea why he was confused which, of course, naturally, fed his confusion.
On the other side of the reservoir, grinding against the stone sets of this fine Victorian edifice, an ageing Leisure 28, abandoned and neglected,

How am I doing?
Anyone taking up the keyboard from here - just a sentence - you know you'd like to.....
Regards
Claymore

mm5aho
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 32

Postby mm5aho » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm

A collaborative novel could be an amusing idea to waste some self isolation time. (although actually I'm supposed to be working, we've got business pretty much as usual other than some hygiene rules).

It was a dark and stormy night. The rain fell in lumps onto the deserted pavement as the Webmaster wandered in a confused state. He had no idea why he was confused which, of course, naturally, fed his confusion.
On the other side of the reservoir, grinding against the stone sets of this fine Victorian edifice, an ageing Leisure 28, abandoned and neglected,
and what was once gelcoat now seemed like frizzy, hairy carpet. "Albatross" was the just legible name across the stern, causing me to wonder which part of the southern hemisphere this wee cruiser had come from, and how it had got this far.
"Is this another restoration project?" he thought, or just a
Geoff.
"Contender" Rival 32: Roseneath in winter, Mooring off Gourock in summer.

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:30 pm

mm5aho wrote:A collaborative novel could be an amusing idea to waste some self isolation time. (although actually I'm supposed to be working, we've got business pretty much as usual other than some hygiene rules).

and what was once gelcoat now seemed like frizzy, hairy carpet. "Albatross" was the just legible name across the stern, causing me to wonder which part of the southern hemisphere this wee cruiser had come from, and how it had got this far.

another dead bird, washed up on a foreign shore. In his heart of hearts, the Webmeister knew he had to walk away but he couldn't remember the last time he walked away from anything. Walking away was for the lilly- livered, Webmeister was not a walker away from things - although perhaps he should have walked away from a brief encounter on Carnforth Station - but that is another story - not just another story - a blasted film that had made the fortunes of Celia Howard and Trevor Johnson
Regards
Claymore

BlowingOldBoots
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 41C

Postby BlowingOldBoots » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:51 pm

claymore wrote:
mm5aho wrote:A collaborative novel could be an amusing idea to waste some self isolation time. (although actually I'm supposed to be working, we've got business pretty much as usual other than some hygiene rules).

another dead bird, washed up on a foreign shore. In his heart of hearts, the Webmeister knew he had to walk away but he couldn't remember the last time he walked away from anything. Walking away was for the lilly- livered, Webmeister was not a walker away from things - although perhaps he should have walked away from a brief encounter on Carnforth Station - but that is another story - not just another story - a blasted film that had made the fortunes of Celia Howard and Trevor Johnson

acting rather aptly, he thought, of a promise of secret passion and excitement which only leads to unrequited love and misery. Webmeister hesitated but for the briefest moment and knew it would not, could not satisfy his deep desire to feel the gelcoat, see the gleam of T cut and wax. It would not take much, he pondered lazily as he glanced across the loch, just a touch here and there, tender love. No one need know, he could surreptitiously fettle away, restoring Albatross, maybe even
BlowingOldBoots

What time does the 24hour garage close?
http://www.rivalowners.org.uk

Return to “Shooting the breeze”