I am nearly 73 years old, have survived nearly 5 years since the medics whipped my prostate out but they didn't get it all, got a metal knee last winter, and do most of my sailing single handed though there are fully crewed events as well. 12 years ago I got a liferaft which has now reached the age where annual services are required.
- Service it annually ~£310
- Buy a new yin ~£1100 + £310 every 3 years (It's that or a new sprayhood and I need a new sprayhood)
- Rent one for the races I need it for ~£200 per month
- Check it myself by inflating/weighing cylinder/repacking (could be a challenge)
- Give up sailing and sell the boat