Trousers open?

Forum for general cruising topics
cpedw
Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Trousers open?

Postby cpedw » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Googling to find if TnT is open for food tonight, the url I found is http://www.tigh-an-truish.co.uk. Follow that and you end up at Nick's place https://www.webcraft.uk/ which has no information about the kitchen.

Will we starve?

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Re: Trousers open?

Postby Telo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:08 am

So what's cooking, Nick?

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:26 pm

I have no idea if the restaurant is open or not tonight, or if they are doing bar meals. Best to phone them. 01852 300242

Re. the website - the management have steadfastly refused to provide me with ANY information to put on the website, though I have repeatedly badgered them to send me details of gigs, menus etc and emphasised that this is a free service I am providing. IN fact they and have opined that they would prefer it if I just closed it down. I have been paying for the annual renewal of two domain names tighantruish.co.uk and tigh-an-truish.co.uk at a cost of £25 a year with no recompense of any kind since Miranda died way back in 2011, so am now around £200 out of pocket.

(Miranda used to give Kathy and I a free meal once a year, 3 courses with a bottle of wine, which I regarded as generous. She said she had no idea what the internet was, but she knew she got bookings because of it!)

I had intended to just let the site continue in limbo until the domains lapse, but then I thought feckit, why should I. I might as well get a bit of web traffic, so I have set up a redirect to my corporate site and cancelled the expiry notice on the domains.

The T&T is owned by a millionaire landowner btw. I am prepared to cope with the irony of having provided a free website for all those years, but any attempt by anyone else to regain control of the two domains is going to cost them the money I have had to spend renewing them, plus an admin fee. (Knowing what I do of the owner though he would probably rather spend a fortune on lawyers than pay me what he owes me).

Thankyou for demonstrating that the place needs a website and for illustrating that it is losing custom by not having one. The management seem to be incapable of seeing this.
- Nick 8)

cpedw
Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Postby cpedw » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:29 pm

We went to Tobermory instead. Cafe Fish is excellent but difficult to get a booking. Just as well, I can't afford to let Jane take me there often!

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:14 pm

We should have gone to Tobermory today but we both have the lurgy.
- Nick 8)

Return to “Shooting the breeze”