Marina Pods – the innovation that gives you access to renewable energy on the water

Forum for general cruising topics
serge_niel
Midshipman
Boat Type: yacht

Marina Pods – the innovation that gives you access to renewable energy on the water

Postby serge_niel » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:37 pm

One of my passions is clean energy and sustainable solutions, and I am excited to be able to inform everyone about the exciting innovation of Marina Pods. The Marina Pod concept is designed to revolutionize the global marina industry.

"Clean Energy" Marina Pods have been conceived and designed to provide ‘on-demand’ power and water from fully renewable sources to visiting yachts.

Today’s world is increasingly focused on reducing the use of non-renewables.

For more information, design details, images and user cases head over to http://www.marinapods.com and facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marinapods

pagoda
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Jeanneau 42iPerformance

Re: Marina Pods – the innovation that gives you access to renewable energy on the water

Postby pagoda » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:51 pm

What a lovely idea ... For Greece /Med /Far East?
I can't see them surviving F6-7 SW followed by F7-8 W or NW later in a normal West of UK environment? Or atlantic swell getting near them. The Caribbean application might just be OK on the west side, but there you would find them converted by the locals to shopping bazaars! or Bars :D

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Re: Marina Pods – the innovation that gives you access to renewable energy on the water

Postby claymore » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:57 pm

I think I'll suggest one to the management at Ardfern -it could go where that big daft long detached jobbie is just now
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

wully
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: sailie boatie

Postby wully » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:09 am

claymore wrote:I think I'll suggest one to the management at Ardfern -it could go where that big daft long detached jobbie is just now

AKA ‘Wave Screen’.....

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Just been given rather short shrift by the 'Management' who were quick to defend their "wave screen"

Ah well - perhaps we should get one installed in Pullers to complement the existing pontoon structures that are in place?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

JeffNev
Able Seaman

Postby JeffNev » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 pm

What an excellent idea, thank you for taking the time to share.

sahona
Admiral of the White
Boat Type: Marcon Claymore

Postby sahona » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:29 pm

This looks like a suitable upgrade for the island-pontoon comunity in Mahon, except I can't see the clotheslines.
http://trooncruisingclub.org/ 20' - 30' Berths available, Clyde.
Cruising, racing, maintenance facilities. Go take a look, you know you want to.

aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace

Postby aquaplane » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:19 am

claymore wrote:Just been given rather short shrift by the 'Management' who were quick to defend their "wave screen"

Ah well - perhaps we should get one installed in Pullers to complement the existing pontoon structures that are in place?

Don't start giving ideas to money grabbing capitalists. We don't need another Craobh type development, I was going to say on the West Coast, but I mean anywhere.
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Seastream 34

Postby DaveS » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:16 pm

aquaplane wrote:
claymore wrote:Just been given rather short shrift by the 'Management' who were quick to defend their "wave screen"

Don't start giving ideas to money grabbing capitalists. We don't need another Craobh type development, I was going to say on the West Coast, but I mean anywhere.

The fact that Craobh went bust twice probably acted as a bit of a disincentive to repeat the idea. It seems to be doing quite well now though and the yard is almost full of winter lay-ups with quite a few others still afloat. I have to say that as a customer I find it convenient, despite the oddness of building a simulation of an East Neuk fishing village on the West Coast.

wully
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: sailie boatie

Postby wully » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:48 pm

Nothing wrong with Groovee- Craobhee!

We might be living there soon if this house sells!

Return to “Shooting the breeze”