Winter Berth

Forum for general cruising topics
Alistairr
Midshipman

Winter Berth

Postby Alistairr » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 pm

So, just say we find the right boat, and buy it.
We have a mooring sorted for next season, but what are the best (cheapest) options for winter berthing between now and April?

Phoning around, temporary berthing in a marina in the Clyde close to home is coming in around £600-£700 just for 4 mths.
Are there any cheaper options?
Anyone with an empty marina berth able to sub-let it for a short while?

Thanks
Alistair.

Corona
Midshipman

Re: Winter Berth

Postby Corona » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Update, the Centaur in the Club yard at Ardrishaig is ashore but the owner plans to launch next spring whether sold or not, the notice on the stern has an asking price of £3,750, if you bought it you will not need a berth this winter but will be tied to a fixed crane in day on a Saturday in April determined by the tide. Otherwise you would need to organize it yourself. If you bought the simplest thing is to move it temporarily in to Ardrishaig basin while you get it ready to take away, we are a friendly club and you will get some help if you need it. The boat has been worked on while ashore, not abandoned and left, the owner is planning to get it ready for launch, I presume antifouling, that sort of thing. The owner is experienced and that means something when buying.
He is willing to talk to you but has so far failed to find you, I have his email but do not want to put it out on here but if you want I can pm it to you?

Alistairr
Midshipman

Postby Alistairr » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Pm sent thanks.

Alistair.

Alistairr
Midshipman

Postby Alistairr » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi Corona,

Just wanting to check if you got the 2 PM’s I’ve sent you?

Thanks
Alistair.

Corona
Midshipman

Postby Corona » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:22 am

Unfortunately I do not monitor Blue Moment constantly so did not see last nights PMs until this morning, I have now replied and have emailed your contact details to the owner, he had indicated that he thinks it might be better from a purchasers viewpoint to delay a sale until close to the spring launch date?
The boat is easy to find, it is sitting in the middle of the village directly opposite the Rumblin Tum Cafe. It is the only bilge keeler in the yard.

Return to “Shooting the breeze”