Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Forum for general cruising topics
User avatar
BlowingOldBoots
Old Salt
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:03 am
Boat Type: Rival 41C
Location: Hogganfield Loch

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby BlowingOldBoots » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 am

All the best on your delivery trip, fair winds.
BlowingOldBoots

What time does the 24hour garage close?
http://www.rivalowners.org.uk

User avatar
Telo
Admiral of the Red
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:27 pm
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot
Location: Bampotterie-sur-mer
Contact:

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby Telo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:43 pm

DaveS wrote:[..... the Scottish economy would be in deficit (not 15 Bn, but a deficit nevertheless)


Sorry Dave, I'm not following your argument. Why couldn't there be a deficit of £15bn?

After all, the figures published last year by the Scottish government showed a £14.8bn deficit.

User avatar
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Posts: 4011
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Boat Type: Claymore
Location: Northern Hemisphere

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby claymore » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:52 pm

BlowingOldBoots wrote:All the best on your delivery trip, fair winds.


+2
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

User avatar
DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:10 am
Boat Type: Etap 30
Location: Me: Falkirk, Boat: Craobh

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby DaveS » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Telo wrote:
DaveS wrote:[..... the Scottish economy would be in deficit (not 15 Bn, but a deficit nevertheless)


Sorry Dave, I'm not following your argument. Why couldn't there be a deficit of £15bn?

After all, the figures published last year by the Scottish government showed a £14.8bn deficit.


Because the GERS figures show the assumed (well, guessed) position of Scotland as part of the UK and are not really representative of what an independent Scotland would look like.

A simple sense check suggests that the £15b figure is nonsense. The idea that an independent Scotland with its natural resources, it's exports (£4b for whisky alone) and a positive goods balance of payments (as opposed to the UK with a massive balance of payments deficit) should have the weakest economy in Europe makes no sense at all.
Image

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5517
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:04 pm

.
There's also the assumption that a percentage of UK wide spending (including eg Trident and HS2) is money spent on Scotland.

Does the team think we maybe need a separate Politics forum?
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 am
Boat Type: Contessa 32
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby marisca » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Nick wrote:.
Does the team think we maybe need a separate Politics forum?


Absolutely not! Just 'cos you've been bounced frae TOP's cesspit, eh? Why not go cold turkey for a wee while. There will be plenty to get excited about in a few months.

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5517
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Au contraire

I'm apparently in good standing on TOP but Mountain's Lounge access seems to have been suspended though. He's posted a few times on SB but hadn't been heard from for 3 days.

I only suggested a politics forum because others seemed so inclined - 'twasn't me who mentioned it first.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
wully
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm
Boat Type: sailie boatie
Location: Argyll - where else?

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby wully » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:45 pm

claymore wrote:
BlowingOldBoots wrote:All the best on your delivery trip, fair winds.


+2


Currently cowering in Cowes as it's a tad breezy on the nose. Warm though and plenty to do both on and off boatie.

Might leave ramorra.

Might not.

fairy nuff
Able Seaman
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 pm
Boat Type: Bavaria 32

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby fairy nuff » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Nick wrote:Au contraire

I'm apparently in good standing on TOP but Mountain's Lounge access seems to have been suspended though. He's posted a few times on SB but hadn't been heard from for 3 days.

I only suggested a politics forum because others seemed so inclined - 'twasn't me who mentioned it first.


Please no, you'll only attract a crowd of undesirables and make the place smell and look untidy.

User avatar
BlowingOldBoots
Old Salt
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:03 am
Boat Type: Rival 41C
Location: Hogganfield Loch

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby BlowingOldBoots » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:10 pm

wully wrote:
claymore wrote:
BlowingOldBoots wrote:All the best on your delivery trip, fair winds.


+2


Currently cowering in Cowes as it's a tad breezy on the nose. Warm though and plenty to do both on and off boatie.

Might leave ramorra.

Might not.


Late Monday looks good enough for wind direction. Tuesday / Wednesday looking better for wind direction to get across the south coast but then it lightens up, also Northerlies for the Irish Sea.

Off to Holland tomorrow for a 4 day drilling conference then back to work. All the best for the delivery.
BlowingOldBoots

What time does the 24hour garage close?
http://www.rivalowners.org.uk

User avatar
aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Posts: 1453
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:55 pm
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace
Location: Body: West Yorks; Boat: Tarbert
Contact:

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby aquaplane » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:11 am

fairy nuff wrote:
Nick wrote:Au contraire

I'm apparently in good standing on TOP but Mountain's Lounge access seems to have been suspended though. He's posted a few times on SB but hadn't been heard from for 3 days.

I only suggested a politics forum because others seemed so inclined - 'twasn't me who mentioned it first.


Please no, you'll only attract a crowd of undesirables and make the place smell and look untidy.


Made me smile.
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5517
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm

wully wrote:I don't buy from Amazon as they are a bunch of Cnuts.

I did like the snow though.


Well, I've ditched the cnuts and gone with a new outfit, Watersport Safety. Looks like they have some pretty good deals on LJs, PLBs etc.

Get clicking and buying, you unsafe load of degenerates.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 am
Boat Type: Contessa 32
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby marisca » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Nope, still no ads on my 'puter.

User avatar
Flobbets
Able Seaman
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Westerly Pageant and Pentland
Location: Aberdeenshire/Loch Linnhe

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby Flobbets » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:12 pm

I've exempted the forum from my adblocker. Now I just need to find something to buy...

User avatar
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 am
Boat Type: Contessa 32
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Well yer a boring bunch a fannies . . .

Postby marisca » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:04 pm

A promise of no snow - ever - might encourage me to find out how to operate the adblocker off button.


Return to “Shooting the breeze”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests